Descriptions of various styles....

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Kwajman, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I suppose this is a question for the mods; I've been reading with interest the TKD thread about General Choi and the evolution of TKD and there have been several references to Tang soo do, chun do kwan etc. Other than looking them up individually, is there a ready reference source here that can give me a brief description of what makes one style different than another?

It almost seems that the founders throw a slight variation in and name it something else. I'm not trying to get flamed (though I expect it) but am legitimately curious what makes all these, for lack of a better word, sub-styles, different from one another. I know in karate there are a bunch of variations and I know (I think??) the difference between BJJ and japanese JJ but other than that I'm lost.

:cool:

2. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

We have an articles section where people could put up a reasonably detailed description of their own art. That would make an easy reference for what makes things different.

As far as I'm aware, we don't have that sort of resource yet!