Dental care. How to get white teeth?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Shadow_of_Evil, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Hey guys and girls.
    I have good teeth (minus a large chip in my K-9) but I can never get some to look their whitest.
    I understand that the white teeth you see in the colgate adds are bollocks but seriously, I brush three times a day, mouth wash etc but they still have that ugly yellowish tinge to them. My teeth are hidious by any means and the colour dosn't stick out like dogs bollocks...but I know they can be better :)

So anyhoo, any times for getting them their whitest?
    Anyone tried any of the teeth whitening products out on the market today?

Thanks for the assistance folks.

2. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

i've used whitening toothpastes and they are good for maintenance of a white smile but no good for getting them like it IMO.

Arm and Hammer bicarb toothpaste tastes like week old fish :(

You can either go for something like pearl drops toothpaste or buy a tooth whitening kit from boots.

3. Incredible Bulk

just realised your an aussie and not in the UK!

so i'd go for a tooth whitening kit, they can be picked up at reasonable prices but they remove your tooth lining and is considered an abrasive method

4. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Thanks for the advice.
    Actually I'll be in the UK in a couple of months ;)

5. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Stay away from caffeine, tea and coffee helps too.

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Any of the whitening strips that are now so prevalent on the market are safe to use and do seem to do a good job.

Worth trying :D

Yes you do need to keep those teeth shiny white especially when wearing a white gi !

7. Incredible Bulk

anyone see that episode of Friends when Ross leaves the whitener on too long? :D :eek:

i'm looking at methods to remove my old nicotine stains :p

8. M Lambert

M Lambert Fitness Consultant

Drinking blackcurrent, tea, coffee, chocolate (OI! NAUGHTY! MAKES YOU FAT!), eating food with red stuff (spaghetti bologneise, etc.) or other rich colours all cause your teeth to go a lovely shade of mould :D

Regular brushing leads to sparkly teeths... maybe you just have weird coloured bone :p lol

9. Incredible Bulk

red wine turns my teeth grey

10. Spidi

Spidi Valued Member

No, but I did see the episode where Ross wanted a tan, and he went into a spraycabin and forgot to turn around and stayed in there too long. :D

11. Agutrot-

Agutrot- Jack of all Trades

Both my parents are dentists and my dad is the Speaker of the House for the MN Dental Association, and they say in office whitening or if you want to do it over the counter, buy the Rembrandt products. The problem with the white strips is that they only cover the first 6 teeth. When you smile you usually show more then just 6.