Defend the pram!

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by komuso, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

QFT. British self defence laws are pretty good.

2. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I agree. It's only those with a political axe to grind who say otherwise - and those who want to sell more trashy newspapers by means of sensationalist headlines.

3. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

That's the very problem I take issue with, actually, though I'm certain it would be unwise to admit to such an endeavour even in the US. Here some states do have Castle Laws and other such legal justifications for self-defense designed to protect those who need to defend themselves and their family's though. We get some famously stupid reactions to self-defense cases here though too, particularly when judges and juries get all their self-defense notions from television.

4. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Why? I honestly do not see the problem with being able to defend yourself but not being able to stand up in court and say "yes I brought this out with me because I wanted to mess someone up." No, we can't openly carry knives or guns like you can but then we don't need to because the chances of being in a situation where that level of retaliation is required are practically zero. We also have some degree of castle law, at least we have no duty to retreat in our own home, but no we can't just put a shotgun shell through the face of anyone on our land. Personally I'm very thankful that we can't.

So to be clear we do have every right to defend oursleves and our families. We're just not allowed to kill people whenever we feel like and we don't get to carry guns because we'll never need them.

The only issue I ever had with SD laws here was that I was led to believe you had to wait for someone to do something before you could respond but JWT was kind enough on Saturday to point out that its now statute that its down to the threat you perceive so I'm quite happy. I really don't see how any reasonable person can have a problem with the laws we have.

5. John R. Gambit

I don't see a problem with that being a problem either. I do see a problem with you going from A-D like you just did though.

6. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

More than aware I have problems explaining things so how did I jump from A-D?

7. finite monkey

finite monkey Thought Criminal

Well as long as they're not grinding the axe meerly in order to hit someone with we'll all get along just fine!!!:evil:

Back to the topic

A very angry jack rusell terrier or attack ****zu in the basket under the pram to worry any one who approches to close.

8. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Thanks all,

I particularly like the Irish attack pram Finite, clearly my impression that things were calming down in the emerald isle were mistaken! Our pram is about ten times the size of that one, I reckon we have space for an RPG, or two :)

John, our weapons laws here in Oz are roughly the same as the UK laws, so no carrying firearms or edged things other than in very specific circumstances. On the upside, I am an Arnis person, so the maglight option suits nicely, especially when combined with sleep deprived grumpiness. Love the idea of a mirror and an air horn as well, for when my lady wife has the ship.

As for the use of nappies/ diapers as weapons, if that were possible, I could set myself up as an arms dealer! You have no idea how much poo I get to see every day.... What I really need is a trebuchet to start randomly dropping nappy bombs around my neighbourhood.

But that is another thread :)

paul

9. John R. Gambit

I might have some engineering suggestions for such a device if you wanna get that one started. Like adding kerosene and lighting it on fire first. Safest damn stroll of your life, lemme tell ya.