Defence against sword - as long as the swordsman has no skill

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Jang Bong, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Just wanted to quickly confirm (to those that know me) that the person taking on the sword-wielding idiot in Gateshead with a walking stick WAS NOT this humble MAP member:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nort...red-in-gateshead-sword-attack-72703-21647715/

I've not seen the weapon, but I figure this is another story to get under the skin of you guy & galls who know what a 'Samurai' sword really is. I saw a definition a while ago (involving age and price) but I can't track it down to send to our local news services - so if you can repeat or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Anyway - just thought I'd post this story regarding weapons (sharp and blunt) in the hands of unskilled users, and feel pleased that I've had a little training myself :)

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Hmmmm. Who do I know who would do something like that? :Angel: :D

Could this be the passage you're looking for?

If you're going to contact the writers of the article you might want to point them towards Sword Forum International too.

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

The japanese sword cuts on the pull or the push if the idiot had known this someone could have been killed.I would still see any attack with a sword as attempted murder.

regards koyo

4. Jang Bong

Jang Bong Speak softly....big stick

Hi Anth - thought this one would catch your attention :D

What I'm thinking of is probably from the esteemed Mr Humm, but it was along the lines of "over 1000 years old and an extremely expensive antique". I think the distinction was being drawn between what are very dangerous modern weapons and SAMURAI swords. Maybe just my memory playing tricks.