defeating the ego.....a rant

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by royalrd, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Oh no, energy vampire activity. Woooo scared.

2. Taiji_Lou

Taiji_Lou Banned Banned

Hey Ms. Neil,

this isn't like.... energy vampire stuff. They're just dudes online having a good time. Every time I try to bring up ch'i I basically have to brace myself for impact.....:)

This here seems to be a MA site.... they show remarkable tolerance for displays of spirituality.... but even I try not to push my luck. You've just gotta be about as open as they are. Then there's equilibrium..... :dunno:

3. Simon

Nice point Taiji Lou. We are Martial Artists, some of us have been around the block, some of us have had very good instruction, some of us have been in real fights, others not, but we can spot poor martial arts a mile off. We tolerate sprituality provided it is backed up with serious debate. Vampires and werewolves get shouted down rather fast. As for mystical guru's doing fantastic feats, well they just get laughed at.

4. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

No answer to point 2 so I'm assuming it was a threat and you ignored points 1 and 3 so it's quite blatant you have no intention to contribute anything to the forum apart from trolling.

Consequently, this energy vampire has decided to feast on your posting rights- you may find yourself drained in this area for the coming 365 days. Maybe spend this time reflecting on how silly it is to follow a martial arts cult.

5. Simon

CKava, evil vampire dude.

6. Dudelove

Dudelove Valued Member

2 students of the teacher in question come onto the forum and issue threats to detractors...

Love and compassion.:cool:

Neil Bailey states 'an affront to him is an affront to God' regarding the teacher in question...

but it's not a cult.:cool:

========

Neil - or more accurately whoever is posting under the name Neil Bailey :rolleyes:- you seriously should seek out professional help to straighten you out psychologically, and need to consult a respected Shaykh/Rabbi/Priest to straighten you out spiritually/religiously.

7. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I think Neil needs to back off the caffeine and late night role playing games.....

8. US Martial

US Martial New Member

Hi Guys,

I've been off the ball lately and missed all this activity. Firstly I have to say sorry to Dudelove for appearing to leave to fight that battle all on his own. Secondly, I have to say thanks to you guys for backing Dudelove up, when someone who is clearly mentally unsound decides to issue threats and ultimatums to a person standing up for himself.

Unlike Neil, I am planning on keeping my points fairly succinct, but I hope you'll forgive me for the length of response. I do have to catch up on a fair bit.

I don't care how long any of us has know SD, but the point we continue to make is the same - Those of us who have been his students clearly see another, more sinister side to his behaviour. This is a side that he never seems to reveal to his friends, some of whom I know, and are the most gentle people.

The tactics used by these people never seem to evolve:

1. Try and belittle those who in any way go against the grain of the "teachings"/behavioural patterns

2. Claim those who persist with their different ideas have no understanding of the "teachings", God, compassion etc etc.

3. Claim those same people are evil, or possessed by Djinns, which is BS because although we may have our reservations about, all three of us are apparently protected against that stuff.

4. Make it about a physical confrontation, when clearly none of us wants that, be it for whatever our reasons...normally because we are fairly intelligent and well-adjusted people. But I suppose to them we are just scared of the holy powers.

When SD entered my life as a friend, he was a very open and warm person, but all that changed when I became his student. The guy seriously ruined my love of martial arts, to the point where I didn't want to see, hear, and think about it at all.

Neil, it is pretty clear that none of those personally involved in the postings are judging a book by it's cover, because we can recount numerous occassions of this same controlling/bullying behaviour displayed by Simon.

How you think that any of us want to fight Simon is beyond me!! It distresses me that you projected your violent reactions onto us. We have only put forward our personal experiences, in the hope that no others will fall into the same traps with Simon, or any other teacher who pertains to be on a holy mission etc etc. None of us are looking to destroy his spirit, but it does need to be pointed out that he's pushed his role from teacher to cult leader, and he needs to see this. I doubt it will happen though, as his ego is astronomical.

I keep my personal/spiritual/religious beliefs out of martial arts, but that does not mean I am ignorant of any of these aspects, so do not attempt to push your/his holier than thou views on me, as with Dudelove, it's just not going to work. You have made many incorrect assumptions about all of us, and this only proves that it is YOUR ego that needs to be checked at the door.

I am not sure if I have said it on the forum, but I will say it now, Simon is a good martial artist, despite what he has done to me...however this does not translate to being a good teacher, or chosen one, or leader.

Enough now, as I am painfully aware that Neil can't respond to this...though I hope he can still read it. Maybe a time of reflection will give him some food for thought. Here's hoping.

Once again, thank you all for bearing with me, but I needed to make it clear I hadn't disappeared, and still firmly held my stong views on the subject.

9. Dudelove

Dudelove Valued Member

Thanks for the concern but don't worry dude I really don't mind debating online with Silat Kysatria practioners, it just comes down to mind games.

Also I don't think the dudes on MAP were backing me up, I think they just saw how delusional 'neil bailey' was and commented, he also called them 'cerebrally challeged':rolleyes:.

In all honesty US Martial I never met or heard of a 'Neil Bailey' in the year and a half that I was with Simon, nor had an ex student who was with Simon for 4 years... :liar:

10. US Martial

US Martial New Member

Haha, fair points mate. I had missed the comment where "Neil" decided to insult everyone for having a different opinion...but shock horror, that fits in nicely with my previous comments about how people like him operate.

I have to say I have not heard of him either, but I spoke to one guy who has heard of him, and my friend believe he actually studies with Simon now. :S