De Rigeur Dipping Belt

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BoxBabaX, Aug 1, 2005.

1. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

For anyone out there who doesnt know what iam talking about, go here . Now i was wondering how the belt carries the weights, where are the plates placed?

2. Prophet

Prophet ♥ H&F ♥

50 bucks for a belt! yikes!

I would make one myself, for sure!

3. BoxBabaX

BoxBabaX H+F Baba ^^

i cant find ANY sort of weight belt anywhere else, and im not sure about the make your own thing, how would you go about holding the plates to the chain?

4. #1 Stutta

#1 Stutta The New Boot

You would just loop it through the holes in the plates, and then tie it up at the top.

5. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

It works pretty much the same as a normal belt. The weight sits on your **** and hips and the plates dangle under your spuds. -this is not a review straight from the ironmind catalogue. ;)

Just for the record and I hope the mods do not mind this, but I am going to be selling a super squats belt on ebay soon. This belt is pretty much the same as a de riguer except it has the added bonus of being able to hang weights behind you to add a different feeling to the dips or chins. It is designed for doing belt squats with (useful if lower back injuries stop you from squatting).

If anyone is interested please PM me.

Mods, if you want to delete this, I understand. But if any of you are also interested then you may also PM me- although you will be charged double the price of a normal member. ;)

6. RRForeverZ

RRForeverZ Valued Member

It is actually really easy to make one of those if you have an old thick leather belt laying around. and a clip and chain. I'm sure if you looked around your house you might find some sort of way to make one.

7. Combatant

Roman, I couldnt agree with you more. I have spent most of my training life improvising dip belts but then I decided- its only £30 for a maximuscle one, thats a night out for some. It will last me years and make training a lot more comfortable. Never looked back.

8. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

You could also try a weighted backpack, fill the backpack up with small bags of sand.

9. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

You can also go to a scuba shop and purchase a diving belt. It's easy to adjust the weights and add or subtract them if necessary. Depending on how big your waist is, you can add 30-40 pounds pretty easily.

10. Combatant

The problem with backpacks for dipping is that it affects your form in a negative way and has the potential to damage your shoulders. It is so easy to improvise a dip belt with an old car seatbelt from a scrapyard like I used to do, or even a piece of rope with a towel at the back for padding.

11. Combatant

As for weights, get a large plastic milk bottle with a built in handle and fill it with sand progresively as you get stronger. When thaty is not enough then there are loads of chunks of heavy metal in scrap yards you can get.

12. inteq9

inteq9 165lb of TROUBLE!

Hmm, ok didn't know that. Well, there are lots of other things to do with a weighted backpack though! :D

13. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I think it's safer to wear a backpack than to pillage metal from scrapyards :eek:

14. Combatant

lol :D am I being mocked? :eek: