Darwin Award nominee....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by narcsarge, Aug 19, 2008.

1. narcsarge

narcsarge Masticated Whey

This clown!

Kite Boarder vs Fay

Why the heck didn't he let go when he faceplanted in the sand? :bang:

2. Verx

Verx "Darkness Approaches"

LMAO!

Looks like he hit concrete towards the end and at speed. Ouch.

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

errr... because even if he let go he'd have still faceplanted in the sand. He's connected to his rig by a harness. They don't just hang on by grip strength alone. No way Jose. Even if he's let go he's still attached and going for a ride... no way out of it at that point. ;)

Check the attached pic. You can clearly see his in the vid. He made the mistake when he went out in those conditions. It looks like he hit that wall headfirst moving at a high rate speed with no helmet. I'll be surprised if he lives to be honest. Just nuts.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  4. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

Also do you know how expensive those things are?

:p

5. narcsarge

Thanks Slippy! At least that answers the question of why he didn't/couldn't let go...

Still, messing around w/ the winds that were forecasted?

STOOOOOOOOOPID!

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

yeah bro I hear ya... not a good risk consideration at all. No fricken way. I will be seriously surprised if he lives and if he does it will be surprising he hasn't got brain damage. No joke.

7. Semper Fi

Semper Fi Valued Member

Just watched that this morning and it didnt look good for the home team. He took risk taking to another level.

8. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Hehehe, yeah we laughed our butts off yesterday when it was all over the news here in Fay's Prey.

9. narcsarge

So Brat, you ok up thar in the lightening capitol of the world! Make sure you get rid of all the bad juju and storms for Aiki and Cait when they come to visit next week.

And ....

Ah no....

You can not offer them a free ride on a kite! :eek:

10. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

Heck it's doing this crud because the florida heard that Aiki and Cait were coming. Florida apparently is against their arrival! :p

I heard that onlookers claim this idiot was NOT wearing one of those harnesses. Apparently he was just holding on. Why he didn't let go..... Oi..

11. narcsarge

You can see the harness lines in the video. No helmet though. I did miss an update on the local news last night about his condition..... Anyone read something more? I caught the last snipit of the commentator stating "...that is good news" but I don't have clue of what she was talking about. :bang:

12. narcsarge