Daggerfall

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by airweaver, Jul 22, 2010.

1. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

2. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

That game was totally rockin!

3. Bronze Statue

Bronze Statue Valued Member

Wow, that was a long time ago. Not sure if I'd still play it today, but it does bring back memories.

4. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Thanks for the link. I always wanted to play it.

5. rivend

rivend Valued Member

Thanks for the link... i seen where you can change a line and use opengl or ddraw .....that may help the graphics. And you can also change a line and use your screen resolution also. I downloaded it and will check it out...ty

6. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

yeah make sure you turn on mouse viewing in 'controls' to look around with the mouse.

Im really enjoying it, the dungeons are epic.

7. illegalusername

illegalusername Second Angriest Mapper

Epic in the sense that a lot of the random ones are literally impossible to finish? :)

The fact that the game was (and still partially is) an buggy unfinished mess it was absolutely AMAZING for it's time. Free roaming in an massive open world , non-classbased character developement, multiple paths... It had everything!

I remember the first time i played i had a whole lot of trouble saving the world because i got wrapped up in rampant thievery. Morrowind was even worse in this because i could actually store my loot in a house (that i also stole).

Oblivion had so much potential but IMO it fell shHALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT HALT

8. warriorofanart

warriorofanart Valued Member

Oblivion...I remember when the first article about it was released on Game Informer. I think I read it a few dozen times.

The game had so much more potential, but it was missing something that Morrowind had. It didn't immerse you into its world.

The CB system is nice, being able to ride a horse is nice, I had mixed-feelings about fast travel, but the story-line wasn't captivating.

Morrowind felt like it was limitless, almost every place you visited was different (except Red Mountain. I hated that giant, mountainous wasteland that took most up of Vvardenfell). Even the expansions for Morrowind were a lot better.

9. rivend

rivend Valued Member

I am surprised no one mention if there was an underlying meaning and comparison of Morrowind to other thing's. The graphics were great and you can play so many different characters but there were to many birds to deal with.That's about the only thing i can think of that was not good.

I started with PC gaming and using the mouse and keyboard is way better for me. I just cannot get the control with a xbox type controller like i can with a mouse and keyboard.

Problem is..... to play some of the newer PC games you have to really have a PC built for gaming with the upper end stuff.Even the minimum specs are high.So unless you build it yourself your looking at a lot of money.
    Check out newegg.com if you get a chance it is a good site.

http://www.newegg.com/

10. Suhosthe

Suhosthe A dwarf! A dwarf!

The Elder Scrolls Series has eaten up months (maybe even years) of my life!

Daggerfall was buggy like nothing else. But the weather engine was amazing. If they'd spent half the time on fixing the bugs instead of on the weather, it would probably have run a lot more smoothly. I do remember accidentally teleporting into a building while on horseback and not being able to either dismount, or exit. Oh, and falling through the walls was great fun.

The AI was so bad we used to call it Artificial Stupidity. You could get an enemy stuck on a corner and stand well back to pick them off with arrows. I used that trick frequently in order to 'defend the Mages Guild'.

It was awesome for its time.