Cyborg roid rage!!

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Hannibal, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Hermes Franca'a hair was disturbing

2. Basaroo

Basaroo New Member

Not half as disturbing as getting sent down for raping an underage girl at his gym

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

I haven't got a problem with some sort of control and structure to deal with those caught using illegal substances while competing. No one who's spent any amount of time in the fight game would. But I don't really see any county/state enacting laws that make it assault. I therefore can't see anyone district attorney trying to prosecute a case like that or any police dept. trying to make an arrest on those grounds.

Not going to happen. Which is exactly why I had a LOL.

Yes substances in competition that give an unfair edge should be better regulated and controlled. But I don't think something as simplistic as an assault charge is even in the ballpark of reality.

Legally there's a whole plethora of reasons why it's nonsensical to pursue that line of reasoning... not the least of which by it's very definition an 'assault' is a crime causing a victim to fear violence. If they have shown up for a competitive fight... violence is an obvious and accepted part of the deal.

4. Hummmmm..... I understand your point SlipTheJab and I am not a lawyer nor do I know the specific jargon of US law to argue with anything you are saying.

Yet, the idea/concept proposed is, IMHO, worth exploring.
    (and I'll take the traffic laws, vehicle example used above)

Could it be similar to using a home made fuel in your car (nitro?), drive it on the road? What would be the charges then? In case of an accident?

Or pumping the HP or your vehicle by illegal means? What would be the charges?

There are laws in certain countries that pertain to endangering other people's life - for instance, in France, excessive speed driving (more than 40 Km/H? over the speed limit) can lead to prosecution beyond the traffic violation.

Or adding special reinforcements around your car, and added safety measures into it, then going on a rampage, scaring others off the road?

I don't know the intricacies well enough, but I sense plenty of room to maneuver here.

OSu!

5. Basaroo

Basaroo New Member

Granted. Violence is a part of the deal but when your opponent is using illegal means to gain an advantage and sends there victim to the hospital all pre-arranged agreements go out the window. Maybe assault is the wrong word, but there are many different types of public order offenses that could be applied here. If a fighter ignored the ref and rules and started biting and head butting in a fight they could face a criminal charge. Pretty sure Tyson was close to being arrested when he bit off hollyfields ear

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I've always been in favor of lifetime bans for steroid use in all the sports. Why allow someone who would probably do okay on their own to have another edge over the competitors who are just trying to make a living. Baseball, MMA, football, its all the same to me.

7. Herbo

Herbo Valued Member

So the moral of the story is take your 'roids before you get into MMA a la Brock Lesnar.

8. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Seen. Bummed as hell. :(

9. Griffin

Griffin Valued Member

If that were the case, nobody would ever get caught.
    Nah, its not that easy. Its a trap they get themselves into to maintain the size + recovery period is greatly reduced the whole nine yards.

Im not saying i believe this but, there is a real possibility that cyborg is probably only kicking herself for not "managing herself" better vs regretting any substance abuse kind of thing.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  10. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I don't like to use the slippery slope argument, but bringing the potential for assault charges into full contact sports opens the door for the same charges for other reasons. A fighter who causes injury through too much aggression or who fought when personal issues affected his reasoning. There's plenty of groups who would happily see an end to contact sports and this would be great for them.

11. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Such high profile athletes who do get caught for steroid use follows them their entire career. It brings a whole "?" over their successes.
    From now on win or lose "
    Viewing her past fights will bring the similar
    How will this differ from fighters like Chris Leben? Just because he isnt a Champion on a massive win streak, also he came off a loss when he was suspended for steroids/banned substances. He was banned for a year and fined (not his first)

Also need to remember that these are people's livelihoods. They dont fight, they dont get paid. It hurts their off-fighting services such as teaching in classes. Some dont want to be associated with them.
    "Oh you trained with Leben did you?" (snigger)

So with Cyborg being stripped of the title as well as possible further punishment (afaik) yet to come from the Commissions.

So no title, no money and a ruined reputation (to a degree) based on a livelihood which is based on reputation. I think the punishment fits the crime.

12. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

The girl looks like a dude.

13. Argh, come on Mushroom!
    Once you know, you cannot not know! ===>> There is not the slightest doubt!!!
    QFT!
    Hummmmmmm.......... yeah, that's too terrible!!!
    Like a bank robber, they catch him and put him in prison, then he cannot continue his activities:
    No banks to rob, no money and a ruined reputation!!!

Poor guy!

What about her opponents that were stolen of their chances, title, money & reputation by the cheater?
    Any compassion, or nope, this is normal!

Osu!

14. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I can believe the 'it was just a supplement' thing on this occasion.

Her facial bones don't look like those of a roider. She looks pretty much the same as how she looked at 18ish, save a few more lines around the eyes. Women who shoot up male type hormones usually have an enlarged forehead, jaw and and mouth ridge a la Carina Damm. Unless she was using something that doesn't cause the usual defeminization. I don't know...I'm not that knowledgeable about steroid chemistry.

15. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I love how she looks. I've always wanted a physique like hers. Conventional "femininity" totally grosses me out.

16. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Define conventional

17. Well, you know what to do to get there now! ;)

Osu!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  18. LOL - yeah, that and the fact that she was also half pregnant that day! :cool::rolleyes:

Osu!

19. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

Smooth body, non-small boobs, etc. Puke.

20. Microlamia

Microlamia Banned Banned

I got the ultra low body fat. Could never get up to 75kg like her though.