Custom Logo Boxing and MMA Gloves

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by inthespirit, Sep 16, 2013.

1. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Hey Folks,

Anyone have any experience in buying Boxing and MMA gloves with your own custom logo on them in the UK?

I'm looking to have around 40x 10 Oz Boxing gloves and 40x 6 Oz MMA gloves made up with a custom logo.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I do have experience in this but not from the UK. I had my boxing gloves and hand wraps made up via a manufacturer in Pakistan. If I recall correctly the gloves cost me about £14 per pair to get made up, and the hand wraps about £1.00 a pair. A second batch would cost me cheaper due to the logo already being created.

For your information, so you at least know they are reliable, the manufacturer I went with are QST International, their site is below. Contact Tanveer Ahmed and he will get you sorted with a product catalogue.

www.qstint.com

Also here are some pictures of the equipment they made up for me. The gloves are made up of cowhide leather and the hand wraps are made of cotton.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also had a pair of Muay Thai gloves made up as well. You can see them in my avatar. Here's a bit of a better picture of them.

[​IMG]

I used them extensively for my own training. Overall they lasted me about two years of really heavy use (4-5 times a week), both on bags and sparring (had no complaints from sparring partners about them either). They're still going now but they have a lot of wear around the wrist straps (mostly from where I have lacked in looking after them properly, they've been abused some). So I think they're pretty decent. With them being an unrecognized brand I can get away with selling the gloves for around £30 (I keep the price low to stay competitive with manufacturers like Blitz, RDX, etc).

If you have any specific questions about the process then feel free to ask and I will try to answer them the best that I can remember.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Thanks man! I'll check it out and come back to you if anything!

4. Unreal Combat

Sure. Be aware that you also have to take into account shipping and customs charges. If you're not desperate for them straight away you can get them shipped via boat, etc, to keep your costs down but it will take a while to get to you. Cannot remember the exact customs cost but I think it was in the region of about £200 for 50 pairs of gloves and 50 pairs of hand wraps, so I didn't lose out when working it all out in the end as I had a £3 margin the hand wraps to play with and a £16 margin on the gloves to play with.

Packaging comes with all of those as well and it's fairly decent. I'll take some photos later of the handwraps and gloves in their packaging so you get an idea of how it looks.

If you do go along with those guys then make sure Tanveer knows exactly what you want though before you finalise anything, right down to the smallest of details, and double and triple check everything. He will send you some stuff out to try out and test etc but it will cost you around about £40-£50 to get it done.

I can also say I went through the process of verifying that he was legitimate before I went through to do business with him including phoning up some of his other clients whom he was happy to share details of to gain references from. I also checked out that the references were owners of legitimate businesses etc as well. So everything is 100% legit. He supplies another fight equipment store in Europe as well.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  5. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Thanks again man! Well noted!

6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

What are you up to then fella.. Maybe have a chat with the guy at Tao sports, it's been a while but I seem to recall he brands clothing/apparel for MA classes, he would probably do these too I would think. Worth asking I reckon.

http://www.taosport.co.uk/

good luck with whatever you're up to.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  7. Unreal Combat

I'm pretty sure Blitz do club branding as well.

8. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

I’ve grown an extra 38 hands and need matching gloves for when I join the UFC.. and for bag work of course :D

We’re “apparently” setting up an MMA event, need some gloves for the fighters. Can’t say much more publically just yet. Yeah, I’ll give Tao/Blitz a shout, would be easier to do it locally.

Hope your well dude, been a while! Regards to the family!