curious about Ninjas

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Vincenzo, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

I don't know a whole lot about ninjustu/ninjitsu but i always thought it was more of a striking art then when i watched a couple of ufc bouts with ninjas they seemed to grapple alot. Is your art both or does it depend on which system you trained in?

2. Darzeka

Darzeka New Member

Where I train we learn all ranges with the ultimate goal of being able to respond to the environment spontaneously without thought.

This way it will longer be striking or grapplers just an accurate response to the situation. My mind is my weapon, I have no arms or legs.

3. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Sorry to hear about your arms and legs Darzeka! :D

4. Cain

Cain New Member

ROFL!!!! :D

From what I know of ninjutsu [spelling?] they train in pretty much all ranges including the ground, and there a lot of "dirty" techs like groin strikes etc....look through the rest of the threads on ninjutsu there's quite a lot of info available

|Cain|

|Cain|

5. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Is Ninjitsu closely linked to jujitsu?

6. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

JKD! Cool :D

7. Cain

Cain New Member

Dunno, some of the more experienced know it....

|Cain|

8. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Ninjutsu fighting techniques consist of striking, grappling, kicking, gouging, throws, locks and so on and so forth. We train empty handed and with weapons. The ultimate goal (my interpretation) is to be free of limitations when dealing with life. Freedom of movement, freedom of thought. By limiting yourself to just striking or just grappling, you limit yourself and your response, by practicing and training in all areas, you give yourself the means to realize freedom.

9. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

Thanks guys that was exactly what i was looking for and more.
    -Vincenzo

10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

11. Jim

Jim New Member

Hey Vince, why not join in with more posting and become a more involved member?

12. Vincenzo

Vincenzo New Member

thanks to all you guys and you kurohana for the link and don't worry jim i just signed i'll become more involved shortly

13. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

14. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Not that site again... Won't people ever tire of posting that link in ninjutsu threads? I think everyone and their grandmother has seen that gag site. Now kindly cease giving that address out before I flip out and kill you all, just like a real ninja. :D

15. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Nope, that site most be posted on any and all ninja threads, it's a unwritten rule.... actually it is a written rule, but ninja ink was used :D

16. SilentNightfall

SilentNightfall Eien no Ninja

Which means no one ever saw the rule so how can anyone follow a rule that they don't know exists? In fact, how do you know about this rule? Clearly you are a spy trying to corrupt our elite ultra-super-ninjer-ranger-warrior force. Prepare to be destroyed.

17. Andrew Green

Andrew Green Member

Never!

*POOF*