Cung Le tests positive for HGH

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Saved_in_Blood, Oct 1, 2014.

1. dormindo

dormindo Active Member Supporter

Well look who's back! Hope that all is well with you, slip.

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Nope. It's all absolutely dire. But I just got to get on with it. :D

3. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

Damn it. Now I'll never catch up with his post count. :D

Welcome back Slip.

4. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Ross, could you send a man 4 litres ( or whatever ya have on hand, there ) of your milk, then? I'm sorely in need brother! :)

I've a feeling it wouldna made a difference but did they say why they gave him an additional 3 months? Because he protested?

Considering the proximity of source and its required paradigm-shift where one must step carefully through each spartan line for its tersely compacted meanings, where understatement is king, I'd call that a wrap.

I hope he (Le) doesn't become bitter because it does seem like a raw deal - I absolutely enjoyed his fights - he came as close to actually being able to deploy many of the fancy, flashy TKD kicks in an MMA cage as anyone ( A. Silva a different animal - for another thread ) and get away with it. Made a believer out of me.

Fixed that for you.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  5. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

Bloody hell, look whose emerged from the dark depths of non-MAP cyber space!

:eek:

6. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

7. Saved_in_Blood

Saved_in_Blood Valued Member

one of the best bulking diets I ever heard of was 1 lb of ground beef with 1 package of hamburger helper and 1 gallon of milk per day. I never did it, but i'm sure it would put on the weight.

8. belltoller

9. Saved_in_Blood

I had a thread I posted that showed my test levels going from the mid 600's to 900+ I just ride the recumbent bike a lot and I take vitamin D3 which recently was shown to increase free test levels (what actually counts more than the total test).

10. belltoller

Right, ja, I knew that physical activity increased it by some measure...D3...hmmm, the wife's been taking that of late, mega doses Px'd by the doctors to help combat something asian women are prone to in middle age.

:thinking: ... no wonder she's been getting...aggressive lately.

11. Saved_in_Blood

Your body gets it through sunlight and converts it (among other types of foods and such). My Father and Mother are both on it from their Dr's. It really does improve your overall feelings though, and it really helped me to lessen my aggression. When you are low on test it's just as bad or worse as having higher test. It can cause a host of problems with the heart, blood, etc etc.

12. belltoller

Is that what is was? I noticed you went two threads in a row without being banned. :p

13. Late for dinner

14. Late for dinner

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/10/in-cun...gitimate-doubts-but-an-unclear-appeal-process

Further speculation... who is accountable and whatIS the appeal process? This goes further to underline that the UFC is not a sport in the classical sense but an entertainment business that uses athletes as the entertainment. You would have to answer to someone if you gave a ban without an appeal process in most sports (e.g. the courts)

LFD

15. Saved_in_Blood

:) Well.... i'm a little naturally aggressive, but it did help some when I found out my free test was on the low side of normal... for some that works ok for them... mine appears to need to be in the middle or on the higher side of normal to feel better.

16. Saved_in_Blood

An HGH test is quite unusual actually, the only thing I would be able to think of is because of the transformation of his physique. However, testing in general isn't cheap... adding in an HGH test is even more so and I've read (a few years ago) it can go as high as 10k for some testing agencies for a full range of tests. I didn't read the article yet, so I don't know who did the test. Having destroyed samples I wouldn't imagine would be the typical protocol. If I were Le, even if I were guilty, I would appeal it since the proof has been destroyed.

A similar situation occurred a few years ago with Winky Wright and Peter Quillen before their fight... http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/5/2...-samples-taken-destroyed-showtime-boxing-news

17. Saved_in_Blood

Le has been found innocent by the WADA and is appealing his suspension

I don't buy that he was clean at all.. BUT, the samples should not have been destroyed so there's no way that they could have done a restest to prove it.. i'm glad for Cung and innocent or guilty (I hope i'm wrong and he was totally clean), I hope he leans not to use if he was dirty... or if he was clean I hope he learns someone has it in for him.

18. ShadowHawk

ShadowHawk Valued Member

From wat I read hgh be administered for a year or more to truly.effect the body. Maybe that's why the ban was set to 12 months, probably takes 12 months to get back to normal.

19. Saved_in_Blood

That I never heard... I guess it depends on dosage, I can't believe it would take that long to work though. Like I said though... i'm not sure. I'll have to take a look and see that.

20. belltoller

I'd think it quite rare for WADA to chime in on this out of the blue, in favour of Le - especially given their "prosecutorial" leanings.

I'd think it only fair to give Le the benefit of a doubt on this one.