Crick in the neck!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Telsun, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Help me:confused:

I'll be going about my business when I feel the urge to pull my shoulders back. Upon doing so I get a clicking in the base of my neck. It is not painful, just annoying and I'm sure it shouldn't be like that!!

Why does it happen?

I believe I have relatively good posture and I am reasonably flexible.

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I get that between my shoulder blades - have done for years. And I'm ok (twitch, twitch)

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I think most people get niggling joint clicks, unless its painful it should really be a problem. I don't have a clue why it happens, but I get them as well. Gloucsomaine Sulphate has eased them up a fair bit though

4. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Oh really:confused: Should it be painful then? Maybe it's just a little late and time for you to retire to bed:eek:

(I know :eek: is for embarrasment but it looks more like a yawn to me)

Seriously though I appreciate your comment. Where on earth do you get Gloucsomaine Sulphate from?

I thought about trying good old cod liver oil.

5. Fergie Boy

Fergie Boy New Member

My spine cracks from about the middle of my shoulder blades all the way up to my skull. My elbows, knees, fingers, right wrist, big toes and ankles also crack and my hips sometimes. If you do it a lot then you could eventually wear away the cartilidge, if you are doing it like ten times a day.

6. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Ankles crack a lot, especially when going up stairs which people find quite odd, doesn't hurt though. I suppose it just damaged cartilidge from strained and sprained ankles ...?

7. johndoch

johndoch upurs

I've heard that clicking of the joints is normal as it allows lubricating fluid into the joint.

8. THEGREAT1

THEGREAT1 New Member

my physio says don't worry about clicks unless they are painful......however they can be disconcerting and one in the base of the neck is bound to be very much so.

doubt it's a major prob but never hurts to have a doctor/physio look at it.