Creatine question

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by _sam_, Dec 20, 2011.

1. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Ive decided to switch from creatine monohydrate to ethyl ester, as not only have i been told its better, less water bloat etc but the physical results are better too and have a couple questions..

Does brand name really make a difference? There's a couple i'm looking at, Met rx hardcore CEE AKG and CNP pro creatine E2, has anybody used either of these?

If brand name doesn't matter then there are a few others available that are a good bit cheaper.

I used monohydrate for a while with decent results but then started struggling quite bad with stomach cramps and bloating, and as my diet is reasonably clean i figured it was the creatine and stopped using it. No more cramps/bloating. Then a few lads at the gym suggested ethyl ester as it doesnt cause bloating or cramps and the physical results are better also so i'm going to give it a try.

Any advice will be appreciated lads, cheers.

sam

Last edited: Dec 20, 2011
  2. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Oh, and the 2 cheaper brands are Musclegen (creagen) and big red shark.

3. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

The major difference between mono's and ethyl ester I believe is how quickly it gets into your system, ethyl ester being quicker. Not sure about the bloating, haven't had that problem.

Brand name makes a difference to price. If it is something totally unknown then avoid, but most brands are on a similar page anyway. I have used MetRX and find it a great product, but heavily overpriced.

If you want quality and good price checkout myprotein they have tons of stuff. They can cut costs because they don't market like the bigger brands.

4. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Ok cheers for that i'll check it out. The bloating/cramps are pretty common from what ive found reading around bodybuilding forums etc.

5. CrowZer0

I think it might be to do with quality, when I first started supplements around 17 years old, I was using Holland and Barrets and other cheap whey I could find, I would get stomach problems from that, since then I have always gone for quality and always expect my protein to have digestive enzymes so it might be due to quality I haven't had that problem.

6. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Yeah i see what you mean, which creatine do you use?

7. CrowZer0