Crackdown

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Ad McG, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yup, the game that came with the Halo 3 beta. I couldn't really care less about that, I got this as a present and it's a sweet game! Seriously addictive, although I can see me dropping it and never playing again once I've completed it. Great fun at the moment all the same. Anyone played it?

Currently about to finish second island. I've been looking on youtube, there's some funny videos related to this game that might indicate the more silly/fun side this game can have to those who haven't played it much or at all.

2. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Played it, completed it, haven't touched it since but still it's an awesome experience. Try to avoid getting hooked on picking up green orbs though or you could really develop quite a serious problem.

3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I had 3 left somewhere :cry:

The mission time trial things were pretty fun to try once your stats are up, and there's some nice achievements to unlock too.

4. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Damn man, damn, thats like 50 gamerscore points just hanging there waiting to be taken.

So cool to jump from one high rise to another in those things and to jump on top of cars going the right way :D

5. Gary

I forget the name of the boss, but there's one time trial where the guy is armed with a grenade launcher amongst some rocks behind a building. Once your agility is maxed you can do that mission in seconds :)

6. Gary

I did enjoy crackdown, but there were some areas it could be improved on. I remember playing it and thinking that the sequel could be something really special.

7. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Yeah, there isn't going to be one either.

I am chasing orbs at the moment, just on the third island now and I'm around 350-400 orbs I think. The hidden ones are more of a challenge but I'm not too bothered about them. Like coma, I can see me leaving a small number at the end. Shame there isn't a way of hunting them down rather than just running like an idiot to find them.