Correct order for writing Taekwondo in korean?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Chi-Wai, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Chi-Wai

Chi-Wai New Member

Hello,
    Does anyone know how to write Taekwondo in korean the properly? I want to animate the writings as they are being written, but i don't know the sequence which it should be written (in chinese this is very important!)

Thank you
    Chi

2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  3. Yudanja

Yudanja Euphoric

Well the characters are shown correctly by Thomas..... they can either be written horizontally or vertically. Now I think you want to know HOW the characters are written.. by that you mean if you were just to take one character for example the character for "Tae" and wanted to know the correct procedure to write the character... thats simple enough :)

Start from left to right and then down... start by drawing the - then underneath it goes the [ and then next to it would go the H so then you would get the complete character 태.

Hope this helped a bit .... now shown larger to enhance detail :)
    태권도
    Here is an excellent webiste on the subject...
    http://www.mct.go.kr/hangeul/chapter12.html

Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  4. Chi-Wai

Chi-Wai New Member

Thank you so much Thomas and Yudanja. yes I did mean "how" the characters are written and Yudanja the website you suggested was a great help.
    Thank you
    Chi

5. Yang Dae-han

Yang Dae-han Realising the 'edit'

So I get to peek in after over a year off, and I see Thomas is still helping out everyone. Spot on, mate. Good on ya.'

BTW everyone, Korean (the alphabet....not characters, sorry guys) is the only scientifically created language (save a cheeky attempt at Esperanto) in the world...or so my research has shown me...

Cheers,

Dae-han

6. inbuninbu

inbuninbu "Train hard, fight easy"

It's certainly v logical in contrast to Chinese and especially Japanese - for a start it has a finite number of "letters"!! :p

7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

*Slaps Yang on the back and shakes his hand!
    Great to see you again... we missed you around here.