Cool video, lots of kicks.

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by pulp fiction, Feb 7, 2006.

1. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

2. lord s

lord s Valued Member

dang

Yo
    thanks for sharing
    see you around

3. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

its like an instructional video on why you should keep your hands up

4. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

LOL, remember is TKD not boxing.

5. SixthVictim117

SixthVictim117 New Member

6. mattnz

mattnz Die or get rich tryin'!

Haha, count the punches?

(Hint: It's a trick question)

But seriously, it's all of sparring, and who are we to tell Olympians that they don't play tae kwon do very well.

7. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

No, it's WTF TKD, not just TKD.
    Were there not kicks delivered to the head??
    Why wouldnt you keep you guard up?? :confused:
    I have to agree with Ikken.

8. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

horrible guards, they had "kick me" written all over their head.

jump switching round kicks, just like the olympic sparring...very WTF. :bang:

9. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

very cool apart from the wierd russian dancing they were doing with the 45 degree turning kicks, made me laugh each time especially when in "penguin stance".

10. jcurtis

jcurtis Valued Member

They are commonly referred to as flutter kicks. For really quick little guys they can be very effective point sparring tools.

Very cool vid, it takes a certain type of person to enjoy the sport of WTF sparring, usually a WTF sparrer. I am a WTF sparrer but we dont train all the fancy stuff and usually if anyone tries to do fancy kicks they get planted on there butt.

Occasionally i find my self letting my guard slip and usually my sparring partner will let me know, the hard way. We train to kick hard and fast and not to just slap the armor, our goal is to make our opponent move with every kick. However, just to clarify, we only kick hard like this when wearing armor, our normal exercise sparring is light contact.

11. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Did anyone in that vid manage to land a spin hook kick without falling on their ****? I think I saw one guy land one that would actually have scored a point (Landed the shot and didnt touch the ground afterwards.)

12. Incredible Bulk

Incredible Bulk Eat-Lift-Eat-Sleep-Grow

bump, i noticed that they either fell on their ass or had to touch down with one hand like they were doing a capoeria kick

13. Gould

Gould Valued Member

i bet there were a few headaches after some of them shots!! :D.

Some nice sparring but would have liked a few hand techniques added on to really finish the job.(unfortaunately not legal in WTF sparring). Hopefully with the possible rule change with punching you may see a more rounded fight.

Nice video though.

14. jcurtis

jcurtis Valued Member

Punching is perfectly legal in the WTF, just not to the head and it often doesnt get scored properly.

15. Gould

Gould Valued Member

Sorry i'm not to hot on WTF sparring rules but personally i would like to see a few more punches tp the head & body in WTF style sparring.

If punches were more easily scored then IMO you would see a more rounded and exciting fight(WTF).

16. baron

baron Valued Member

Yea, and personally I would like to see a lot more tackeling in soccer, but thats just not how the game is played.

17. Deedum

Deedum Valued Member

i didnt understand the korean team bit. they ran up to the mat and back again and they all cheered ?

18. pulp fiction

pulp fiction TKD fighter

Yeah, you don't expect kicks, knees and elbows in a boxing match.

So yes, it is pure WTF fighting style. I like the way WTF fighting is. I really like to see people getting KO by high and spinning kicks. WTF is like that, no head punches, lots of kicks. In a WTF fight, fighting like those guys helps, fighting bjj style in a WTF will take you nowhere.

I would like to see head punches in WTF fights, but at least that is not going to happen for at least 20 years. In the meantime I just focus on trying to KO people with axe kicks, spinning hooks and spinning turning kicks.

If I were in a fight that wasn't WTF style I would certainly not clinch the same, or even fight the same way. But almost all my fights are WTF style so I do what I have to do to win a WTF fight.

19. wynnema

wynnema Valued Member

its a fair point.

20. baron

baron Valued Member

Not really. Its not like in boxing where you can just stand there with your hands up the whole time. A lot of the TKD movements in competition require so much balance and momentum generated through arm movements that its really impossible to keep your hands up all the time.