Connor Mac attacks UFC media bus

Discussion in 'MMA' started by Mushroom, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Oh dear.

Further info to follow. But basically Connor (and crew) threw chairs etc to a bus full of UFC fighters for this Saturday over Artem's incident and also possibly over being stripped of the title.

Michael Chiesa has been injured (facial cuts) but not serious but unsure if will be fighting Saturday.

Warning - potential strong language
    UFC 223 video: Bus attack led by Conor McGregor leaves Michael Chiesa cut, hospitalized

axelb likes this.
  2. Mushroom

According to BJ Penn.com Connor is already in Police custody.

So................ #andNew

3. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

No because he is KERCHING!

Compared to Bones amd Rampage this is low and they had multiple chances. This is base, uncouth and ignorant but the heat he generates off the back of it will make his fans bigger fans and his detractors bigger detractors

Just like Ali said when an interviewer said half are there to see Ali and half his opponent..."no; they are ALL here to see me...its just half of them want to see me lose"

axelb, Mushroom and Jaydub like this.
  5. VoidKarateka

VoidKarateka Valued Member

I bet Dana White is lubing his bank account up. It's media gold.

axelb likes this.
  6. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

TBH, Whilst this is probably all about viral marketing, it's not a good look for MMA is it.

7. Mushroom

Updates:

Connor has surrendered himself to Police. Although no formal charges have yet to be made. ... dunno how US Law works but apparently a thing.

Furthermore:
    2 fights cancelled because of it:

Chiesa v Pettis - due to Chiesa's facial injuries, lacerations

Ray Borg v Brandon Moreno - Ray complained of glass in the eye.

=

Rose v Joanna is still going on despite Rose suffering from a bit of "shock", how that'll affect her mental state going into her 1st title reign, we won't know.

8. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Like a school in the summertime...

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

I think you all have this wrong. This is a nightmare for White and the new owners.

This was a gang of people commiting assault on other fighters.

Working for decades to give the sport legitimacy- to shed the "human Rooster fighting" stereotype. And now this? They JUST got licensed in NY a year or two ago?

This fight almost got completely wrecked. As it is, if Rose loses, there will be this element of- did this event cause an issue with her? Three fights cancelled I think. one of the other fighters was in the thug group with Conor committing the assault. Two fighters injured. others put at risk of injury?

Conor is finished. One of their highest profile fighters ever. If not finished, I predict other fighters will leave for other organizations at a faster rate- faster than with the sponsorship fiasco.

I hope the other fighters sue him for all that money from that boxing fight.

This is REALLY bad for the legitimacy of the sport, showing who controls the UFC, media nightmares, possible licensing issues...............

Grond and Giovanni like this.
  10. Mushroom

Jon Jones :
    Banned due to cocaine.
    Cancelled an entire UFC card due to refusal to fight a late replacement (edit)
    Drove into a pregnant woman, whilst high.
    Fought DC at a Presser.
    Whilst sponsored by Nike

Fights for title 2 years later.

Connor
    Smashes up a bus
    Injures 2 fighters and 1 staff.
    2 fights cancelled.

I think he'll be back in a year or so after a few civil lawsuits.

But yes DW has mentioned in his statements of something similar to what you mentioned.
    Mod Note: Warning- a bit of profanity in the clip below.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2018
    Grond likes this.
  11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

I always see Vince and stone cold in my minds eye when I'm reading about Dana and Connor ...

Grond likes this.
  12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What an absolute nozzle.

Grond likes this.
  13. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I used to think that McGee was playing a part. Playing a role in order to make fights, build a persona, build hype, etc. But actually, in private and away from the media he was a nice respectful guy. He always seemed respectful in defeat or victory. Turns out he is a class A twonk afterall!

Van Zandt, Dead_pool and Mitch like this.
  14. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I completely agree with you. Sadly, I also completely agree with everyone saying Mcgregor won't be fired from this. DW has already skirted around addressing that and it does just mean more money. Social media is lapping this up as more proof Conor is awesome and just putting to down to Khabib's fault for his confrontation with Lobov the day before. Even the civil suits I don't see happening, because where are they coming from? Chiesa and Rose don't seem the types to go through a courtroom, yet alone to go after another fighter. UFC isn't going to go after him for the bus damage or the staff injury. The centre might do I guess but that's about it.

Although his career might be over just since it doesn't since he seems like he's voluntarily ever going to fight again anyway, so ya know.

Van Zandt likes this.
  15. Anwolf

Anwolf Valued Member

While bad for the respectability of the sport, I think overall it will actually boost viewing numbers. There's no way they'll ever kick McGregor from the promotion, fighters have done worse in the past and he simply makes them too much money. I would say the majority of people who watch UFC love all this stupid drama - it's how McGregor became so popular in the first place.

16. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And now Holloway is out of the main event. Pettis is in. MMA is utter clownshoes.

Mitch likes this.
  17. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

i agree that it's a horrible day for the sport and the promotion.

and i also agree he will likely fight in the promotion again.

peoples' priorities are so out of whack.

Grond likes this.
  18. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Oh god. That is going to be a pointless fight.

I wish they could've just done the Holloway fight at catch weight.

19. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I predict Pettis wins by headkick KO, then Khabib blows his knee out as he collapses to the floor never to fight again, then Conor invades the cage and KO's the ref and then Dana White has a heart attack.

Knee Rider likes this.
  20. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

Haha! Not beyond the realms of possibility at this point!

Smitfire likes this.