Congratulations Dale

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by saru1968, Nov 30, 2005.

1. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

'Dale Seago just received his 15th dan from Hatsumi Sensei.'

:)

2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Nice one Dale.

Congrats!

3. xen

xen insanity by design

Good work Dale.

4. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Highlander-Sensei,

CONGRATULATIONS!

5. oni_sensei

oni_sensei Valued Member

I thought you were 15th Dan already, Dale?

6. Cardinal

Cardinal New Member

I thought he was 13th. Can you skip? :confused:

7. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Yes but I find it awkward in a Kilt :D keep tripping :D

8. SeanH

SeanH Valued Member

Congratulations Dale....keep swinging that broadsword!!

9. llong

llong Valued Member

Wonderful!

10. Nick Mandilas

Nick Mandilas Resistance is an option..

Congrats man...you have become that of kilt wearing legends!

Like Sir William Wallace in Tabi

11. whiteshadow711j

whiteshadow711j Hiding in the Shadows

Congratulations Dale, that is just awesome. :D

12. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

15.th DAN !!!!! :confused: The highest ranking I know of in styles is 8.th so how can someone get a 15.th dan ? Even our ranking doesn't go above 7.th.

Christian

13. xen

xen insanity by design

popcorn anyone...? :D

14. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Congratulations Dale. I don't practice your art but I do enjoy reading about it and enjoy your contributions on this forum. If I'm not mistaken, 15th Dan is the highest rank. Good work. Cheers Mate.

15. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

'15.th DAN !!!!! The highest ranking I know of in styles is 8.th so how can someone get a 15.th dan ? Even our ranking doesn't go above 7.th.

Christian'

well short answer is that there are actally 10 Dan ranks but the last one is divided into 5 parts.

Long answer- read threads

and how about a congrats rather than a question

16. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Also, bear in mind that the Grandmaster/Soke of any system, ryu, school can grade as he sees fit.
    Go back and read the threads, there is a good explanantion of Bujinkan ranking in there somewhere.

17. thepunisher

Well Congratulations. But why shouldn't I question someone claiming to have a 15.th dan ? So much as I know many of you here question anyone on here who has a dan grade above a 10.th dan as I remember of that MMM story a while back. So why shouldn't I have doubts ? And on the same point, do you think I read EVERY thread that is on MAP ? Sorry, don't have that many hours in my day for that.

Christian

18. whiteshadow711j

whiteshadow711j Hiding in the Shadows

Qoute by silentnightfall

"Actually, 10th Dan is simply split into certain sub-categories. Most people simply label these as 11th-15th Dan. Also, compare the Bujinkan ranking to things such as TKD where there are countless colored belts and each one has a stripe before the next solid color, along with 10 Dan levels, and you begin to see that Hatsumi-sensei has chosen a less-extensive belt system. Keep in mind thought that a belt system has no bearing on how good an art is so there really is no point in discussing it past how an art ranks. Some arts have many ranks, some few. They are all different and cannnot be compared to one another as far as skill level goes. Obviously the Bujinkan system is not traditional in the least. Does this really matter? Of course not. It has no bearing on my training at least. Let's not turn this into a debate about "how ridiculous" it is that the Bujinkan split 10th Dan into five sub-categories."

link= http://www.martialartsplanet.com/fo...4&page=1&pp=15&highlight=bujinkan+dan+ranking

a quick explanation for the Punisher..

:cool:

19. xen

xen insanity by design

Christian,

small point, dale hasn't 'claimed' to have a 15th dan... the grapevine is in full force and news of his award from Hatsumi has winged its way onto the forum...

(correct me if i'm wrong gary) ...and i think Bond started the thread because of all the people who post on the ninjutsu forum, dale is one of the 'gents'... he doesn't run people or organisations down and any opinions he does have about politics he puts forward in a fair and diplomatic way, he shares his understanding and experience freely and fairly when it is appropriate and is happy to help both newcomers to the art and its more experienced practioners equally.

In short, he is respected, not because of any rank he holds, but because of the way he conducts himself and of the quality of the material he posts.

Regardless of the debates about the Bujinkan ranking system, to be given the highest available grade from the Soke of any art is something to be recognised, reflected on and should serve as an inspiration to all martial artists, from whatever art, or whatever organisation.

Given those points, i think all that all people meant was that there are threads for debates about stuff and threads for aknowledging when someone has reached a very significant stage of their personal journey, it would be a shame if this thread got spoiled by confusing the two.

I'm also betting that Dale wouldn't have mentioned it when he got back... :cool:

20. thepunisher

I didn't actually accuse him of 'claiming it', what got me was the title of 15.th dan, which is because I'm not aware of the Bujinkan ranking system. I appologise, I didn't want to spoil the celebrations, just got suspicious when I saw that high number. I can't imagine a person having a 15.th dan in anything, especially as our highest sensei is 7.th only, so that bit shocked me a bit. So I guess, sorry and congratuations to a, for me, absolutley impossible to grasp grade ! :D

Christian