Congratulations America

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Well-Known Member

Fair enough and I understand your point.

2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

The media always announces who won when the numbers are in. They've never before waited until the Electoral College officially acts. Why start now?

aaradia and Dead_pool like this.
  3. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Haven't the APS been calling elections since 18 something something.

If you don't doubt the outcome, and it's always been done this way, what exactly is your point?

aaradia likes this.
  4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Point
    Don't like Biden, Don't like Trump
    Point, Don't like the media and its ever worsening spin on the truth in most news stories
    Point....a whole lot of personal "family" stuff erupted because of this ding dang election and if I had a brain in my head I'd have stayed the hell out of this
    Point...I'm going before I take it out on innocent folks
    Sorry for the interruption

5. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Are you kidding me Xue?

This is the exact same way the press has always followed and called elections. Nothing new to see here. It's based on statistics and math Did you have issues with it before? Trump didn't mind it being called this way when he won the last election.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Dead_pool likes this.
  6. Dead_pool

You don't get to make up your own alternative facts here, sounds like you owe whoever you fell out with an apology.

7. aaradia

Agree with the first bit, but not the last bit. We don't know his personal situation in any detail, nor who owes who an apology. Xue was just explaining how this election is affecting his personal life. I appreciate he trusted us enough to do so and would rather not see it used against him.

Trump's presidency and this election is affecting and hurting personal lives and friendships in a real bad way all over the USA. It is tearing at many people's lives in a way I never could have imagined. It's a pretty horrible thing we are going through. It's painful. I lost a friend from my school I long looked up to. I have been avoiding talking to a friend that I consider more like family for decades. The damage to people's relationships will be permanent in some cases. Let's have a little compassion for that ok?

8. aaradia

Dead_pool likes this.
  9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Biden is 78. Now I knew some sharp minded 80+ year olds. But the stress of Presidency is different surely.
    I got money on Harris taking over in the 3rd year of the term.
    But even if she doesnt...would Biden go for a 2nd term at 82 and be the oldest President ever at 86/87?

10. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

There should be a 65 cut off age. 78 is ridiculous really.

11. Dead_pool

Don't be silly, shape shifting reptiles age differently then normal humans!! (Joke)

axelb likes this.
  12. Dead_pool

You know your right, but compassion goes both ways.

As a wider point, people don't get forgiven just because bidan won, it should be because they have realised they have made a mistake, and at least start to step away from their denial, 239,000 plus Americans have died due to trump's incompetence, we've had a 20 year war and occupation over far far far less deaths.

13. aaradia

Hey Dead Pool, his name is spelled Biden, not Bidan.

Many Americans, like me, are dealing with/ realizing the fact that we have a substantial amount of racist fascists walking among us. They are sometimes people we have known, been friends with, and family. People we like or even have loved in some way. And we never knew who they really are. The threat of Fascism is not gone. The threat of America ceasing to exist because it is taken over by a dictatorship is real. A lot of the checks and balances we thought we had have been shown to not really be effective. I have started to think I need to make plans to escape possibly, if things take a turn for the worse. I only hope President Elect Biden has a plan for handling the possible lack of a peaceful transfer of power. I can't even really comprehend what is going on. It is terrifying.

239,000 Americans have died from more than incompetence. It is a callous purposeful disregard. It is evil at the top and enabled by all too many who are supporting him, or just not stepping up to stop him.

Biden winning is emergency first aid. It is far from a cure. Trump is in many ways incompetent, but he has managed to break all sorts of ethics and laws with impunity. What are we going to do if someone just as evil, but more competent comes along?

The manipulation of our Supreme Court is perhaps the most concerning thing of all.

No, people don't get forgiven easily. That is why I said damage to relationships in some cases may be permanent.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Flying Crane and Dead_pool like this.
  14. Dead_pool

^ again I agree completely.

Let's hope enough people see sense over time, and this shared hysteria starts to subside.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

I had someone I admire and respect say they "always liked Trump" the other day. One of the nicest guys I've ever met and yet, seemingly, with absolutely no quality control filters or standards on how to judge a decent person. Trump may be many things but he's not a decent human being by any metric I can think of and it's utterly baffling to me how anyone can think he is. I can (just about) understand voting for him so you pay less tax or think he's going to create the circumstances for you to get a better job but thinking he's in any way admirable!? I don't get it. If Trump is worthy of any respect whatsoever then up is down and black is white.

aaradia, Morik and Dead_pool like this.
  16. Dead_pool

It's just an extreme version of ex public schoolboys being super confident, and hence ending up being in charge, the forelock tugging gene is still strong in the states, (and it's even stronger in the UK), there's no doubt his wierd mannerisms and choice of words also play into this.

This is actually a good example of how this works.
    (Also a super creepy channel)
    It's amazingly depressing though. As a species we should be better then this.

17. Xue Sheng

Could not let it go could you, could not just drop it...and for some idiotic reason I showed up to check MAP

It sounds like you don't know what they hell you are taking about...does the possibility of DIVORCE help you out there sonny because one, NOT ME, over reacted to the results, panicked and is looking to leave the country because of THIER believing lies....so...who owes who an apology....both on and off MAP

And DON'T for one second, think you know more about the laws of MY country that I do...what I said was FACT....not made up.... just because it always seems to happen that way...does not make it LAW....see ya

18. Xue Sheng

Just because that is the way it has alway been...does not make it the law as to how it works......and I don't FREAKING care who they heck won...I can't stand either of them

and with that.....tell ya what, look at my above response to dead-pool...and please....let it go...and I will just go....not a place I should be at the moment...

19. Dead_pool

I'm sorry for your marital problems.

It's a good example of the problems Trumpism is causing.

At least the end has started for his movement.

Which I think we all can agree is a good thing, overall.

axelb likes this.
  20. aaradia

Xue, I am hoping and wishing you are able to work through your marital difficulties. I want only the best for you!

I am not going to get into the debate on the original topic right now.

To others, this illustrates what I just posted. America is being torn apart right now. We have a threat of a coup right now. Not only from Trump, but all his supporters/ enablers siding with him. Even without that, relationships of all types are being torn apart. It's really serious. It's really bad. It's really terrifying. I never could have imagined this happening here. :(