Congrats to new Rapid Arnis Instructors

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Pat OMalley, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NeilX66

NeilX66 Valued Member

Congrats to all on passing there gradings, having been on the wrong end of one of Pats gradings I know what you went through, I still have flashbacks to that big branch with the spikes on that Pat brought out for the baseball bat defence ( and the hammer, and the iron bar, and probably a lot more tha I've managed to surpress deep in my memory )

Congrats again to everyone

Neil

2. TigerWolf

TigerWolf New Member

well done everyone! peter i've been interested ... has jess seen the videos yet? she seems very quiet on the subject, lol.
    and i saw your hands becky, nice theory! owowow thats all i can say on the matter for you :D

Lex

3. Damien Alexander

Damien Alexander New Member

I missed it!

damnitdamnitdamnitdamnit!

:cry:

I WILL make my appearence known next time!

4. Peter Bradbury

Peter Bradbury Valued Member

yeh sure you can, i'v got to get round to putting it on proper vid first. Theres only 3 hours of it on tape, and that wasnt all of it even. Found out who gave you all the stick welts that made it hard to sleep, that other was from John Broster to, seen it on the vid and its like OOWWWW :eek:

yeh shes seen a bit of it, the odd sqeak and aawww was heard. lol.

Peter

5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

At the time it looked like he got Becky twice on the same spot :eek: Must have left a corking welt :eek:

Again, well done to you all! You have definately got the big Kahunas! :D

6. stickgirl

stickgirl Valued Member

Congrats!!!

Congratulations Becky and Peter, all those who also graded. It sounds like Pat hasn't mellowed with the gradings!!!
    Boy will I have some serious catching up to do now that you are all instructors!!!

Will see you in class next week, (now that I have finished the work climbing course)

Congrats again.
    :love:

7. rebecca kane

rebecca kane Valued Member

Yeah john broster is quick!! thats ll i can say but i think i picked the best fighter for my first black eagle!! one of the origional black eaglers lol!!

The worst thing about my hands was the smell of blood burning in the sun!!,, the pain was minimal you seem to get used to it over time!!, and they are more or less fully healed now!!

Lewis told me after the grading that on one of the 5 baseball attacks i had(considering everyone else only had bout 2) That i was actually elbowing him repeatedly on the kill/knock out points at the back of the head, one of those things that youu forget about all year round but manage to find when it counts lol!!!

it was probably one of the most enjoyable gradings :rolleyes: i have taken part in!! the black eagle sparring makes the sparring i did on my karate black belt look worthless!! lol!!

best regards

bexter

8. rebecca kane

hey michelle the picture dn't look anything like you lol!! see you in training!! have fun at work!

9. rebecca kane

lol!! it was in two slightly different places!! it left 2 corker welts he he !! but i am glad i gave it a go!! black eagle is one thing i was slightly dubious about!! but i think its one of the best ways to test what you have learned!! Afterwards John Broster said that he was with impressed how i coped especially since he is about 16 stone and i am about 8!! it wasn't really untill after i was hit that i went for it. You seem to think that it is worse than it is!! really though you can get similar shots when you are wearing armour!!

but i reccommend that everybody has a go!!
    best regards

bexter

10. Rapid Dog

Rapid Dog New Member

Well done guy's on passing your gradings and passing around videos of you passing your gradings.

It's great to have a chat forum where we can all refect and talk about gradings, it acts as a sort of validation to what we are wanting to become, who knows if we keep on talking about it long enough it might become reality.

Rapid Dog

11. Peter Bradbury

Well if you want to see the video, tell me where i can send you a copy and you can see the reality. Iv also got about 200mb of photos from both junior and full instructor gradings i can show you as well, that show the grading and the what we looked like after.

It is nice to have a forum yes, after all if you can reflect on what you'v done and achived how are you going to know the way forwards?

By the way, thanks for the congratulations and welcome to the forum.

Peter

12. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Many have said that Acheivements are better Illustrated by talking about it, after all, if you never tell anyone about your acheivements who will ever know.

Welcome to the forum

Pat

13. Freeform

After reading Pats post I have a strange urge to go down to the newsagent :confused:

And buy Grappling magazine :D

14. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Hey don't you knock that mag Peter,

*is that you Neo*

According to last months issue a certain individual who shall remain nameless trained in 'Balitok' :confused: Well I hope his summersaults are comming on a treat and the 'Rat Irada' style :eek: and what with all that training with a top secret instructor who wants no publicity and no photo's (I know who he really is though thats the fun bit):) It's a small world in real FMA circles as you all know.

*Will you choose the red one or the blue one*

And as for some of the other instructors who have supposeldy taught and influenced him (Close freinds of mine by the way), they tell me they have no recollection of it, Bless him, at least he is happy and so am I.

*Just follow the White Rabbit*

Some people, should really study their subject before making it up I think, but saying that still a good read, and it makes me chuckle, Especailly when I seen the picture of me with all that hair.:eek:

*Your the 'ONE'*

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  15. Peter Bradbury

i only ever go to the newsagents for choclate, so i dont know what mag..... oh wait that one sorry :Angel:

16. Freeform

I thought you were too short to..... oh sorry, right, I gotcha ;)

17. BobSykes

BobSykes New Member

Made up Pat, wasn't Dave the Dragon made up as was Rapid Arnis????

18. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

sure I used to climb the shelv........ doh! Ive said too much! I only buy 'Biker' now these days

:D :p

19. Peter Bradbury

Bob if your going to come on the forum contribute to it, dont just criticse and put down people and styles. After all this apperantly the entire problem with internet forums (or maybe its because people can disagree with you in a more direct method than your magazine, and everyones opinions can be aired not just the letters you want to print), as you told, me so practise what you preach and we might all learn something.

By the way, Rapid Arnis wasnt made up, its was Developed over a long time scale, as im sure Pat will tell you, and John Harvey too.

Peter

20. Peter Bradbury

what are you tryin to acuse me off ;) :p :Angel:

At least i dont try to poison people with undercooked sauage sandwiches, like some people...... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.