confusionism/neo-confusionism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by funkymonk, Mar 1, 2005.

1. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Could anybody out there help me with understanding what confusionism and neo-confusioism are about.
    I know that confucious was a chinese philosopher and that his ideas were before his time but that's about it.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated because i need to know this sort of stuff for my black belt. :)

2. cavallin

cavallin kickin' kitten

theory question

hey! have you not looked in up on google?
    Confucious "kongfuzi" (master kung) was born around 551 BC.i know that confusianism is a philosophy relating to courage, loyalty, and courtesy between human beings. it was based on the theory of higher individuals setting the example, and inferior individuals to follow it. there are 5 "relationships": parents/children, eldest/youngest siblings, husband/wife (wife being superior i hope :D) friends and teacher/follower.
    as for neo confusianism, you'll have to look it up yourself, seen as you should be doing your own homework anyway lol!! because a little birdie told me all the black tags at your club got asked to find out about it ! :D
    good luck

3. gaz shaw

gaz shaw New Member

i wonder who that little birdie is :rolleyes:

4. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

Confusionism is a philosophy where people just don't get it.

Confucianism is a school of thought which governs the daily social interaction in China (and some parts of Japan and Korea--though this is dwindling fast). It prizes reciprocal relationships with family (especially between parents and children) as well as in governmental structures. For a more detailed analysis, do some research :Angel:

5. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Thanks for your help Cavallin and Sandus. :)

I think i know who the little birdie is too......Gaz ;)

6. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

The Neo-Confucians came along much later. It's two most famous philosophers were Chu Hsi & Wang Yang-ming. I believe they mixed Confucianism with other schools of thought. Taoism springs to mind in Wang's case but it has been too many years since I read their work.

Sandus is correct in his post. Confucianism involved social interaction in its various aspects. One of it's effect was an emphasis on scholasticism.