confessions of the closet nerd...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Tatsumaru, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

Ok, its time i came clean, i've been watching stargate SG-1...a lot... :D

I LOVE this show, and i know exactly how ridiculous it is, how nerdy it is, and how formulaic every episode is! Earth in danger -- stargate team averts danger (usually with some crazy plan that only works thanks to a ridiculously specific set of circumstances and a load of technobabble with no real meaning :p ) -- Earth saved :D

Nonetheless i have now watched from around halfway through season 2 to the 4th episode of season 7 in the space of about a month! Thats probably close to 100 episodes!

Anybody else here a fan of the show, or for that matter got any nerdy guilty pleasures of their own in terms of TV shows?

2. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

I've seen all 7 seasons of buffy......

Twice. Please don't tell anyone. :eek:

3. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

Didn't mind it when it first came out as a movie, watched several episodes but i wouldn't say i was fanatical about it, would watch it if theres nothing else on.

4. Taffyleigh

Taffyleigh Valued Member

I have recently bought series 1 & 2 of Kung Fu, can't stop watching it and my kids are getting into it too.

5. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I started off thinking it was a poor version of Star Trek, with rubbish guns and general low tech. However, as it progressed, I got to like it more and more. It still managed to retain my interest, right up to the end. I'm currently watching back-episodes of Atlantis, catching up to the current day. :D I wouldn't say I was crazy about it, but it's fairly good - I'd give it a 7 or 8 out of 10.

The only program I've been really keen on lately is Charlie Jade. I'd say it's on a par with Firefly, personally.

6. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

I've never been able to get on with Stargate, the original movie sucked all kinds of suck.

If you want to talk nerdy I love the Gadget Show on Five. Mmm Susie Perry...

7. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

haha, i have watched a few episodes of that, although i find one of the other presenters on it a bit annoying. I'm not sure how to describe him, he kind of looks like a member of the adams family...

[​IMG]

8. Chimpcheng

I watch a lot of TV shows that could be classed as "nerdy", stands to reason as I'm a comic book fan too. :D

Usually anything with spaceships will catch my eye (except Stargate, Andromeda, Earth: Final Conflict and other crap etc.) and I'm well into series with a supernatural or weird bent such as, erm Supernatural, Buffy, Angel and of course the ultimate being Lost. :D

9. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

ARGH! not Lost, that show infuriates me so much :woo:

I started out loving it and watched the first 2 seasons fairly obsessively, but the more i watched the more i realised that for every tiny scrap of information you got there were at least a further 10 questions raised, half of which were never even addressed again for the episodes i watched! For a show driven by storyline it really didn't give you much of a story to go on, by the end of season 2 i hadn't learnt that much more than what i had known by the end of the first episode: a bunch of people crash landed on a freaky island with a lot of mysterious stuff going on!

Heroes on the other hand, now thats a show i can't get enough of!

10. Chimpcheng

The thing with Lost is that it doesn't just stop with the TV show, there are hidden websites, obscure books (one from the 1920s) that you should be looking at...

However, I agree with Heroes, that is one of the few shows where every single episode (that I've seen so far) is all killer and no filler.

Shame Heroes Origins has been shelved.

I'd like to add Robot Chicken as a nerdy TV show to my list... :D

11. Topher

Topher allo!

I have to say I've never been a fan of sci-fi shows for some reason. I watched Buffy and Angel and I watch Heroes and Lost but other than that I can't say I like any other 'nerd' shows, unless CSI and Futurama count.

Never really got into the grad daddy of nerd tv: Star Trek. The only time I watched it was the late night re-runs on Sky One when I was ill and couldn't sleep. Boring as hell.

They should have killed that show when she died.

12. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I love Sci-Fi...
    I have no idea how many times I seen Firefly/Serenity.

If you guys love Heroes...go watch a whodunnit TV series starring Kristen Belle (oh she so lovely)
    http://imdb.com/title/tt0412253.

Heroes fans should recognise her as the electricity wielding Elle Bishop.

13. HwaRang

HwaRang Just don't call me flower

Who remembers sliders?
    I never missed a single episode... (till the awful final two series)

Even watching the intro sequence explaining the parrallell worlds gives me goosebumps now.

14. Cait

Cait da Bionic is BACK!

I remember sliders! funny show :D

I'm a closet Trekkie... Farscape was fun, and we've got the good version of Dune... Let the spice flow! :D I have watched Stargate some, but I'm not obsessed by it. It's fun. But if there's something I like more on, it loses.

15. WatchfulAbyss

WatchfulAbyss Active Member

Lol... Which time?

Actually, buffy, was my least favorite character. Besides, my favorite eps were when willow went psycho. What I find strange is they went overboard with buffy and canceled angel unfinished.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  16. Chimpcheng

Ah man, I loved "Dark Willow" she gives me the horn as does Faith, LOL!

Fans of the show might be interested to know that Joss Whedon has continued Buffy into Season 8 as a comic book published by "Dark Horse" - he wrote the first couple of story arcs I think. He has also continued Angel right where it left off with the big fight, also as a comic book.

I won't spoil it for you but fans would be shocked to find out what is happening to Dawn and Gunn... Shocking... ;)

With Sliders I loved the concept, even if it wasn't often very well done and towards the end it was obvious they weren't sure what to do with the show. :D

Anyway, Quantum Leap? Anyone?

17. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Quantum Leap is the only non factual program my dad likes. Its on repeat at the moment but I seen al the episodes a while ago.

I like takeshis castle is that nerdy. Oh red dwarf.

18. Chimpcheng

I was well into Quantum Leap when I was younger. It was mostly gentle sci-fi but they did have the old hard hitting episode that, although was good, they didn't quite sit well with the overall good natured tone of the series.

Now, Futurama that's definitely a show made by nerds for nerds. LOL!

19. Victoria

Victoria Pretzel In Training

I knew Quantum Leap was old, but I didn't know it was THAT old chimp :p

I used to watch that as a kid too, as well as Are You Being Served and Hi Di Hi! (sp!)

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Noooo! I watch Futurama and most certainly am NOT a nerd!