Conditioning

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by I3lade, Dec 29, 2019.

1. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Define strong. If you wreck your body with arthritis and other things by doing this "conditioning" then that isn't strong in my book.

If you want to be strong, do basic exercises. Core exercises, martial arts, swim, lift weights, etc. That is the type of strength that you need in everyday life that will last a lifetime. And be useful in everyday life. Slamming yourself into a wall to practice how to be hit by a car isn't really strength to me.

I do martial arts to be stronger and healthier the rest of my life.

Edit: LOL! Dead Pool and I posted the same sentiment at the same time. :)

Dead_pool, Monkey_Magic and axelb like this.
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I've done (trained very little) in taking car hits for stunts in late 90s / early 2000s.
    It was knee and elbow pads.
    Nothing else protection wise.

Now 99% of the time an impact of a car v person, is the shins and knee area. Because that's what sticks out first of a car...the front bumper.

So if you watch stunts, what they do is lift leg and time a half shoulder roll, so you roll onto the bonnet and the moving vehicle will carry the momentum of your roll. Where the windscreen will stop you. Or you fall off.

There is impact and it does suck.

Many times tho its filmed at a slower speed (but not by much at all) and then sped up in editing.

Add in a sound effect and boom. Decent hit.

So yeh. Getting hit in the body by a car...the car is either a bus or youre in the middle of the road crouching down. Otherwise its bye bye shins and knees.

Dont do it.

axelb, bassai and Dead_pool like this.