Compliments

Discussion in 'MMA' started by TwIsT, Mar 6, 2005.

1. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

The other day i was at wrestling training (pro wrestling) And i had been itching for weeks to have a shoot wrestle with a Pankration guy who also does wrestling as he is alot bigger, older (About 10 years, i am almost 18) and alot more experienced in grappling than me. I have been training grappling by myself without an instructor (So i'm not as good as i could be) since november last year (But i have been doing other MA's for years, Muay Thai, Silat etc...) and i thought it would be a great learning experience.

While we grappled alot of the guys where telling me to tap out as i was fighting a losing battle (They had all been tapped out by him in seconds) I did tap to him, but we rolled for about 10 minutes, the last 3 minutes i knew i was beat as i was caught in an ankle hook but i countered the hold until i couldnt move.

The actual purpose of this thread is however not me bragging (Which i love to do :p ) but to talk about compliments that you have recieved, considering the next bit i will talk about.

During the whole shoot, the guys where commenting saying that he must be going easy on me because i lasted so long, and he piped up and said,"No guys, he's just better than you". Even though my ankle was really sore i felt so good about myself.

Being complimented feels great, does anyone else have any stories of compliments that have motivated you, or even inflated your ego?

2. andrewS

andrewS Banned Banned

yeh,

once i got arm barred and it hyper-extened my arm

and the guy said i was tough as nails, it made me feel so much better while i wrestled through the next 1-2 months with a hyper-extended harm that hurt anytime the slightest bit of pressure from a figure 4/armbar was applied.

3. Nyx

Nyx Valued Member

My mate once gave me a fiver for downing a bottle of tequila in under 10 minutes. Does that count? :D

4. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

You should have just tapped :D

5. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Everyone said i should have tapped too,especially when everyone heard my ankle crack=DEATH...lol

6. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Yeah :) It's just not worth the injury.

7. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

Yeah, the whole reason i tapped was in case of injury, but i have the habit of unless there is no way out but to tap i wont tap... probably not the best idea, but i have vows to uphold.

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Just make sure those vow's don't get you unnecessary injury time ;)

9. Trinity

Trinity New Member

My kids always compliment me and say that i am the best dad in the whole world this is all the ego boosting i need

10. TwIsT

TwIsT Son Of Odin!

^^^^^^

That is the best post ever and i'm serious.