competitive whip ideas for FMA

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Crucible, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Crucible

Crucible Valued Member

Check this out,
    http://www.knucklepit.com/mixed martial arts-gayle nemeth-whipboxing.htm
    I posted the article above in the weapons section of MAP awhile back to see if there are any whipboxers on MAP, apparently not. But it does raise some interesting training ideas, and competition ideas for FMA, given the number of FMA styles that have some variation of whip training. A question I have is about ear protection, I've written to the whipboxing website several times and no one seems to be home.

some ideas I've considered;
    both participents in full whipboxer gear(fencing mask, huge leather coat, leather gloves, denim jeans, apropriate footwear),
    whip vs. solo actionflex stick
    whip vs. doble actionflex stick
    whip vs. espada y daga actionflex
    actionflex daga y whip vs. any of the above actionflex stick combinations
    variables for the above could be continous rounds, distance of engagment, piont sparring, length of whip(5ft, 6, 7, 8, 12 or beyond. Whipboxers use fiveft. whips for the speed), or use of a rattan latigo.

or
    same gear as above, same weapon combinations, only this time exchanging the actionflex weapons for light rattan.

or
    to simulate full contact competitions, one participent suited up in WEKAF armour with the whip, and one suited in whipboxing protective gear armed with a favorite stick,
    WEKAF armour and whip vs solo baston,
    doble Baston,
    espada y daga,
    and then whip y daga vs. any of the above.

Other variables could be WEKAF helmet only(ala Black Eagle society gatherings) or Fencing mask only(ala Dogbrothers gatherings).

comments?