Competed in my third Interclub.

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by Unreal Combat, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Unreal Combat

Unreal Combat Valued Member

I took part in my third Interclub event today at 8 Limbs Muay Thai in Coventry. The bouts were 5 x 1.00 rounds with 30 seconds rest between each round. You can view the video of the bout below.

Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGAUfPcTl4"]8 Limbs Muay Thai Interclub[/ame]

2. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Good Job. You look very relaxed during that whole bout, who got the final decision in the end as did not see it on the video?

Only thing I did notice was you were dropping your hands a fair bit but there is always something to work on.

Just been told I am competing in the BKK Open in Cardiff in June so will be my turn to put up a video, props to you always putting them up for public viewing, gets alot of Kudos from me simply for having the guts to do that!

Cheers

Dan

3. Unreal Combat

It was a non decision bout mate.

I noticed I dropped my hands a few times in places where I shouldn't have, but I guess that's what these events are for. So we can see where the mistakes are and rectify them for the real thing.

Look forward to seeing that video.

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I liked that.

Your Counter into a Straight right was looking good. Good effort in trying the throws.
    You know what to work on so keep going!

Great stuff.

5. Unreal Combat

Thanks mate.

6. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

That was a nice left (that followed the uppercut at 1:28) very fast and on target. Heard it as well.

Did he show any signs that it'd dazed him?

7. Unreal Combat

Thanks.

To his credit he took some pretty solid punches (I felt some of them through the gloves at times, and the padding on those Fairtex Pride gloves is pretty stiff) and he didn't really show if they rocked him. He took them fairly well from what I saw.

8. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Always enjoy your vids mate. Kudos to you.

Baza

9. Unreal Combat

Thanks mate.

10. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

That's a bit unnerving, innit? When they take what you know are solid shots and keep a stiff upper as they advance without a blink.

Well, for some of us its unnerving, for others it just strengthens the resolve to up the ante.

That's the difference between you who compete and us wanna-be hobbyists, lol.

11. Unreal Combat

Well in Muay Thai it's about not showing effect the best that you can. Even when it hurts like hell.

I don't really find it unnerving, I've taken my fair share of good shots and stood up to them well (remember that big left overhand from my last bout that I just shrugged off?), so I know that there are always going to be other fighters with good resilience as well and that sooner or later I will come across them. Sometimes adrenaline just carries you through (actually probably more often than not) and you don't realise how good a shot you took until you watch it afterwards.

I try not to worry about stuff like that and just keep going to the bell and do the best I can do.

12. Dave76

Dave76 Valued Member

Nice work! Looked good in the clinch.

13. Unreal Combat

Thanks. Still much to learn with clinch though. It's the one thing I came into Muay Thai with very little real knowledge of.

14. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

From memory, you had the leverage but you just had your foot in the wrong place when attempting the throws.
    Literally all you had to do was trip him up, as quite a few time you had him bent over and wondering why he wasn't moving.

I did the exact same thing during wrestling comps, rushing a technique and the also the excitement of being in the ring plays a tiny factor.

15. Unreal Combat

Tripping, and throwing over the body (like hip throws), doesn't score. At one point I went for a hip throw, but they don't score so even if I had taken him down it wouldn't have counted if it was being scored.

There are ways I should have taken advantage of those situations better. Ways I have been taught. But as you say when you're in there it's not necessarily something that comes to mind straight away. I think the better decision making will come with further experience.

16. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

block with the knee or trip with the lace area of the foot best ways to go imho guys:)

17. Unreal Combat

Really I should have done more block counter, or catch spin for back attack, especially as I've been drilling them. They're still just not instinctive yet.

18. Hive

Hive Valued Member

Thanks for the upload. Not enough people do!

19. Unreal Combat

It's not for everyone. I don't mind sharing my experiences, regardless of the outcome.