Comics: 100 Bullets

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Freeform, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

Anyone here reading this?

I'm buying the trades as they come out, so no spoilers on any of the latests issues! ;)

It's a fantastic series, was a bit dubious with the first trade but I'm glad I came back for the second :D

I was thinking about some of the lead characters and the connotations of their names (some possible spoilers!):

Phillip Graves - This one is self-explanitory
    Victor Ray - Same here
    Cole Burns - This one too
    Lono - Don't get this one, is it a first or last name?
    Jack Daw - Easy
    Wylie Times - Easy
    Milo Garret - Don't get it, is it a noir thing?
    Remi Rome - Romulus and Remus is the only thing I can think of because of his brother Ronnie
    Joseph Shepard - Biblical, shepard of men
    Will Slaughter - Yep, easy

2. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Only read a few, I just got through Preacher and Punisher Max and this is current on my list. It's a great idea for a series.

3. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Same here. Didn't really like the first one. Fell in love with the second and have loved every one since. Masterclass in writing. Def one of the best comics out there.

4. Freeform

It was the same with Preacher, the first trade was a bit slow IMHO.

Read a little of the Punisher Max stuff, I've always meant to buy some more.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

Ive read about the first 20 issues, havent got round to reading the rest yet. Great series so far, glad to hear it gets even better.

6. Freeform

Anyone out there read any of the more recent Punisher stuff? I was tempted to have a go at it but was unsure which one to pick up first as there is the Marvel Knights run and the MAX run.

Any advice?

7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I've only read the MAX stuff, I stopped when Garth Ennis stopped though.

If you liked preacher have a look at 'The Boys', Garth Ennis said he was going to 'out-preacher preacher' and the series is good so far. It's definately not for kids or anyone offended by just about anything though.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian Valued Member

I second coma, the boys is the best thing ive read in ages. The Ennis marvel max stuff is well worth a read, I particularly enjoyed the Nick Fury graphic novels.

9. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

OMG, 'out-preacher preacher'??? I am SO getting 'The Boys'. :D