combat training

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by airweaver, Aug 21, 2010.

1. airweaver

airweaver Valued Member

to win in battle, one must sculpt their body into a weapon of destruction.

it is no use practising an hour a week in your kwoon, when the rest of the time you are guzzling budweiser and eating mcdonalds.

this is not the path of the warrior.

it is neccessary to make 'moving your body to hurt' as second nature as walking.

train flexibility, agility and endurance.

Can you do a cartwheel? if not then something is amiss.

Drink only water. All other fluids are not natural to the body, bar fruit/veg juices. The sugar/syrup in soft drinks will only clog up your energy channels and impede your ability to move.

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

....or buy a bigger gun

Can you post a little bit of what you're on to my house. I want to be as high as you

3. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Where do you get this stuff!?! :cry:

4. kuntaoer

kuntaoer Valued Member

I always found beer to be a good anesthesia for combat.. All natural with grains and water, smooth transitional movements when lubricated

5. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

preach to this guy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXv8Dk78r0k"]YouTube- Fat kid lands b-twist NO EXCUSES[/ame]

6. Moi

7. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

I've highlighted the part of your post that's critical here. Very few people in the modern world have "to win in battle" as their highest priority. Those that do have are called "soldiers" and are trained appropriately by those who are up to date with the latest in warfare. (Tip: you won't necessarily find a massive overlap between these professionals and the kinds of hobbyists who frequent kwoons, dojos, gyms, or whatever your art calls your training environment.)

Let's also put your post into perspective. I have a job (non-combative), a family, a girlfriend, friends and hobbies. One of my hobbies is Sudoku. I've got quite into some of the harder and more complex variants lately and I can get quite obsessive when I'm in the middle of a hard one, but never let myself get too obsessed. So . . .

8. Mushroom

you'll learn to like it :D

9. Moi

I knew that about croutons. I just knew it!

10. Moi

That's my line. No really

11. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

I smoke too much, drink too much, and have unprotected sex. I'm still punching people in the face 3 times a week. Explain that one, sensei.

12. Yohan

Oh and I just killed 20 ounces of pure, corn sweetened coca cola goodness!

13. Moi

Now that's just going too far

14. Mushroom

I'll try not to take your post literally. Basically you're going on about discipline and diet, which fair enough.

However I'm sorry to say that these kind of posts or just some of the many romanticised notions of kung fu. Those who want to sit in the silky pyjamas, ying yangs everywhere in their room, filming each of the "demo" vids on Chinesey backgrounds with drum music.

Basically the movie Forbidden Kingdom. Its all well and good but this is the modern age, where not everyone has to be warrior trained. You train in kung-fu, just enjoy it and take what you want from it.

on a side note, I dont drink much water and I quite like eating Burgers.

15. Yohan

Ooooh you think that's bad? It came with a Gyro and fries too.

16. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

No drink should crunch.

17. Moi

Disgraceful! What if they attack tonight? Your chi will be disrupted!

18. Yohan

It's bacon cheese burger time!

19. Yohan

I've got a question Moi. Garlic scares vampires off. Do green onions work too? Because, if they do, I've got the vampires in check.

20. Moi

Soup is food isn't it? Not solid but it's not a drink...............or is it?