Combat Sports Officials on MAP

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jaydub, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

Are there any combat sports Officials here?

I've worked a couple shows as a Room Supervisor with the B.C. Athletic Commission. I want to work as Timekeeper or Scorekeeper next, then eventually progress to Judge or Referee.

One of my major goals is to successfully complete John McCarthy's C.O.M.M.A.N.D. Certification Course. Has anyone here done this course? My Instructor has done it, and he says it's quite challenging. The Commission has sponsored officials wishing to take it in the past. Maybe I can get in on that if they do it again in the future.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

When I can, I am trying to get a Freestyle Wrestling Ref course. Quite simple as a wrestler too...also I know most of the good cheat points :p

3. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

I used to for BCCMA events about 15 years ago; the course was about a day. It may be different depending on the organisation of the event, but generally speaking it can help if you are also competing so that you under stand the ruleset better (also known as cheat points :D @Mushroom)

That course looks a lot more intense than the ones I've been on!

4. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I was taught well :D

axelb likes this.
  5. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I'm officially registered for Room Supervisor, Timekeeper, and Scorekeeper training with the Commission later this week.

I would love to work my next fight card as a Timekeeper.

Travess and axelb like this.
  6. Jaydub

Jaydub Valued Member

I worked a local Kickboxing card as a Timekeeper last night. It went well and was a very enjoyable experience. I hope another opportunity comes up again soon.

axelb likes this.