Combat Karate

Discussion in 'Karate' started by mani, May 31, 2003.

1. mani

mani Valued Member

Do you know what Combat Karate is? Doubt it

Combat Karate is a street oriented style of Goju. Combat Karate includes all the effective elements of karate techniques that actually work on the street and are put together. It would be misleading to call it Goju as it incoporates so many other efficent techniques from other martial art styles.

Combat Karate is a modern martial art that is proven to work on the street.

Also I would like to know if anyone else has any additional inormation on Combat Karate or even a webiste

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Is this in any way related to the late Gary Spires? I know he called his stuff "Applied Karate" but the description sounds identical.

I met Gary a few times - nice guy - BIG nice guy. Nice guy you definately would want to be on the same side with!

3. mani

mani Valued Member

NO, I would not say that this is related to Applied Karate as that does not pay much attention to traditional styles, Combat Karate is different, it respects traditional stytles and techniques and uses the effective ones to create a style that works on the street. In fact 80% of Combat Karate is based on Traditional Goju, however it also incoporates other martial art styles so it connot be called Goju.

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Given the choice then, I would go for that applied karate class :D

5. Telsun

Telsun Valued Member

Gary spires died! How? When?

6. Blue Bloater

Blue Bloater New Member

I knew a guy who came into our karate class; my instructor said this guy was an expert (4th dan) in combat Shotokan.

If combat karate come from Goju then what is the difference between combat Shotokan and combat karate?

Also I have heard of combat Judo. Isn't the same thing as Ju-jitsu? Or maybe Chinese wrestling or something like that?

7. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

8. mani

mani Valued Member

I aplogize for my mis-understanding between Combat Karate and applied karate.

I got the wrong definition for applied karate and therefore regarded it as different from combat karate.

could anyone provide me with some useful info about applied karate so i can compare the two.