Combat Hapkido vs Sin Moo Hapkido

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by MasterBob, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

And so is this thread after years - wouldn't a PM have worked better? :)

2. rdw

rdw New Member

Yes.

3. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

hahaha! no worries!

4. usntfhkdkg

usntfhkdkg Banned Banned

well any thread or conversation that begins with x versus y is just not good. In hapkido it is either hapkido yes or hapkido no.

5. Twisting

Twisting Valued Member

While Master Hwang is fluent in English, it's not perfect and he gave a brief answer. Keeping in mind that he is oldschool, but speaks his mind unfiltered, the following are a few of his opinions and the answers are not always fully expounded.

It should also be noted that he also doesn't care about politics or diplomacy but is very genuine, engaging, wise and exceedingly intuitive. I wouldn't describe him as anything other than a character and a giant.

Hwang In Shik has said at various times that his teacher was Choi Yong Sool, whom he refers to as ' the Founder.' His senior was Ji Han Jae and Master Hwang never has called him sabunim, sonsengnim, etc to my knowledge, and I understand basic Korean. That isn't denying that Hwang In Shik learned things from Ji Han Jae, but the relationship was more of a senior-junior in a training environment.

He said he was WITH Ji Han Jae at his school in Seoul, and that's when Hapkido nationally really took off. It's interesting that he didn't say under, so it's only my interpretation, but I think it was deliberate.

I hope that helps.