Combat Hapkido in Atlanta Area

Discussion in 'Hapkido' started by billz, Aug 20, 2005.

1. billz

billz New Member

I am going to be in the Atlanta area for a week at the end of September. My evenings are going to be free and I don't want to spend them sitting in the hotel room or hotel lounge. Does anyone know of a ICHF school in that area where I might work out at during my week there?

Not knowing the area, I don't know if any of the Combat Hapkido or SDA schools listed are in or close to Atlanta.

Thanks.

Bill

2. JimH

JimH Valued Member

Hi,
    Did you try calling the ICHF HQ and asking GMP?
    I am sure if there is something in the area he can put you in touch.

All the Best

3. MaxG

MaxG Valued Member

I put in Marietta, GA and Atlanta, GA in Mapquest and it says that the Marieta school listed on the ICHF webpage is about 20 miles from Atlanta.

Now unfortunately the website that the ICHF links to to reach that particular school doesn't work.

So I put in the schools name into Yellow.com and came up with this.

Marietta Martial Arts
    2217 Roswell Rd Ste B5
    Marietta, GA 30062

(770) 321-1371

Or like Jim said you can contact GMP but this just might be the same info he would give you anyway.

4. billz

billz New Member

Thanks for the replies. I did look at the ICHF links and found the Marietta listing but, like MAXG said, the link doesn't work.
    I guess I'll call ICHF HQ and inquire. I thought I'd just try the HKD community here first.
    Thanks to all who responded.

Bill

5. billz

billz New Member

Atlanta Update

I am in Atlanta and, thanks to MaxG, I did contact the school in Marietta. As it turned out, my hotel is 6 miles from the school.

I have just gotten back from my first night training there and I must say, southern hospitality is alive and well at Marietta Martial Arts.
    Master Bill Wendell is the owner and Chief Instructor there and he is a very courteous and humble man. I offered to pay a daily mat fee or whatever he required and he said that there is no charge for ICHF members who are in town visiting. I am invited to train all week during my stay in Atlanta.

His Combat Hapkido is Richard "Chip" Pike and he is a very talented young man. He is testing for his 3rd dan in a couple of weeks. He has a background in Kenpo and traditional Hapkido and his blend of kenpo with the Combat Hapkido was most interesting. He is a good teacher and communicates well.

As for Master Wendell's students. His attitude rubs off on them. They were all very friendly and eagerly welcomed me.

When in Atlanta, do look this school up. You won't be disappointed.

6. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

:cool: Now that's the stuff I like to hear about!!!! Glad to hear it!