Colonialism and Imperialism

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by gedhab, Dec 13, 2004.

1. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

The British, European and American powers have alot to answer for and alot of the conflict/problems in the world today are a result of their actions.

your thoughts...c'mon lets discuss this! :)

2. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Remember, flamewars can only be won by knockout or submission.

3. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

or by chi fireblasts ;) :D

4. Knight_Errant

but of course...

5. MartialArtsSnob

MartialArtsSnob New Member

HA HAAaaaaa boy you guys are havin some fun now eh.......

6. Knight_Errant

I want to be you.

7. Tatsumaru

Tatsumaru Your new God!

i second that

8. add

add New Member

If I was American I wouldn't vote for Bush.

But maybe thats what America needs, somebody to take ruthless action! Maybe Sideshow Bob was right when he said the American people need, "a republican to rule you like a king!"

:p

9. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Who knows? Americans have always been in love with the British monarchy! :D

10. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Of course...becase they do not have to put up with them!...and to think they left Britain... :D

11. add

add New Member

Yeah I had some Americans tell me they were sorry about Diana's death when I went to America, I was just confused............although I do look like royalty :p

12. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

LOL!...personally i don't know why so many people were sad about that. I mean who was she to the majority of people....no one!

13. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Colonialism has occurred throughout the history of mankind. We're just in the latest chapter of it.

14. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

very true...but we have to deal with the here and now and not history. ;)

15. JKD_forever

JKD_forever DEADLIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's so naive.... where to start?

Why don't you start

16. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

it's already started...or hadn't you noticed? :rolleyes:

17. MartialArtsSnob

Riveting disscussion! :rolleyes:
    Gedhab, why don't you tell us about your countrys colonial/imperial past to get the ball rolling? You can tell up how you share responsability for it and you can tell us what you are doing in the way of reparations for you sins.

18. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

i Live in the UK and accept no responsibility as my parents are originally from england.

perhaps you could also answer the questions you outlined above? ;)

19. MartialArtsSnob

Ha Haaa O.K. I am personally paying for the acquisition of Mexican land in the western US; I am paying for it by being married to a Mexican woman. Does that suit you? I think about it every evening (well almost every evening), it's just my way of "celebrating diversity". :D

20. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

How about mexico being so poor despite being a neighbouring country to the USA?....you'd think that america would try to help them out....or maybe they like the migrant workers who they pay cheap wages to for long hours of work.

How about the thousands dying in Iraq because of the war and the sanctions over many years.

How about America trying to sort the israel/palestine dispute?

How about British/American pharmaceutical companies trying to help the millions of HIV/AIDS sufferers in Africa rather than taking out law suits agains Indian companies who are supplying cheaper medicines for those people.?

How about actually signing the kyoto agreement as they are the biggest polluters in the world?

How about abolishing capital punishment as they are supposedly a free, civilised country?

How about addressing human rights abuses in Guantanamo bay?

How about spending less on military costs and WMD rather than critisizing and attacking other nations for doing so.....leading by example?

All these issues and more need to be resolved my friend...pity that its not happening. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2004