Colne Valley Black Belt Academy

Discussion in 'Silat' started by Van Zandt, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Bob Sykes' (editor of MAI) dojo - anyone here attended the Silat lessons there? Opinions?

2. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

My opinion, they talk funny in the Colne valley.

3. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

That from a Jock? :evil: :)

4. adouglasmhor

I lived in the North of England for a long time, My 3 best mate's in the Army came from Bacup, Ramsbottom and Horwich (in no particular order) and I trialled for Castleford (just to show no bias as to which side of the Pennines). They speak funny in the Colne valley.

5. Tunggal_Gerak

Tunggal_Gerak Valued Member

I have been there a few times. It was some time ago since I went there. I do believe that Bob was authorised by Steven Benitez to teach Wali Songo Silat.

Bob Sykes is a top notch martial artist. I consider it a real honour and privelage to have met and trained with him. He is of noble mind and character, very humble for a man of his ability and he has been to places most of us never will as students of martial arts.

His place is tricky to get to. If you use Sat Nav, you will find yourself driving down paths barely wide enough to take 2 people walking side by side, let alone a car!

6. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Thanks for the info. I'll actually be getting there by train! :D

7. adouglasmhor

Enjoy the training.

8. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Thank you.

9. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Looks like his place is on the other side of Hudds to where I was (Kirkburton then Birkby). Would have been a bit far to travel when I remember his posts on MAP.

10. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

What was his username Anth?

Mitch

11. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter