College may be Cancelled

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Pretty In Pink, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Looks like I might be finishing my course at home. They've realeased an alternative which is an open book 5 question paper/essay scored out of a100. Honestly it's harder than the exmas which were simply 30 multiple choice questions.

axelb and Alansmurf like this.
  2. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Schools have shut so I'm not surprised. My son was due to sit his GCSEs, but didn't even get to sit his last mock papers; he'll now get grades based on the mocks he did complete and predicted grades. It's been a very tough time for him and his peers, and the sudden end to their year, combined with saying goodbye to some friends who will be off to college rather than the school's 6th form next year, left them all in a state of some shock.

Sorry to hear it's affected you too PiP, hope you can still get your qualification.

Alansmurf likes this.
  3. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

It's not a great year for students.

Stay safe all.

4. Pretty In Pink

It's alright for me, I'll get a pass. I really do feel particularly bad for the kids in high schools sitting those exams because they are the most important ones I feel. They decide what you do with the next year.

Monkey_Magic and Alansmurf like this.
  5. bassai

bassai onwards and upwards ! Moderator Supporter

Is it your level 3 ? Hit me up if you need anything.

Pretty In Pink likes this.
  6. Pretty In Pink

If you've got a pdf of a Haynes manual that had air suspension in it that would go a long way to helping me man.

7. bassai

Ah , I haven’t had to use a Haynes manual for years (Ford have their own specific workshop manuals) , what aspect are you struggling with ? I’ll admit I don’t have to do much with air suspension but I do have a working knowledge so if I can give you some pointers I will.

8. Pretty In Pink

Nah, I just need to write up a simulated task (our workshop doesn't have a car with air suspension) and write it up. The manuals are really good for plagiarising.

9. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

My oldest is a grad student and his university was closed, all class are going to online, even the ones he is teaching.

10. bassai

I’d go with something simple like “investigated vehicle sitting low on one corner , found puncture to airbag” though obviously pad it out a bit