Club Patches

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Chazz, Jul 10, 2002.

1. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

I was talking to a gent one day at a tourney and i noticed the coat that he had on. It had different club patches all over it. I asked him why, and he told me that he collected patches from every school that he has either delt with or was friends with. I was thinking on this the other night and was wondering if anyone else on here does that. Its seems kinda odd but some school have some great looking patches.

Also i was thinkin that a it would be interesting if some people posted them in the photos.

I DUNNO, JUST A CRAZY THOUGHT FROM A CRAZY PERSON!!

2. KarateKid1975

KarateKid1975 New Member

I have 4. I have a Tang Soo Do one. The International Martial arts Association (my old school's assn, www.imahq.net )

I have my new school's patch and the WTF one. But I don't really collect them.

3. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

T-Shirts

I have a fairly large collection of martial arts club T-Shirts - mostly JKD & related systems. I even scanned about 20 of them in once as a sort of record - I had the idea opf an online gallery but never got around to it.

This is what we have as the front logo on our club shirt. The seconds pic shows 4 of us wearing them after a session last year (Mine's the vest)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Here's the back of our club shirt....

[​IMG]

and heres one you can't buy - it's the Instructor's T-Shirt from my Sifu's club - this one is paid for in sweat, blood & hard work :D

[​IMG]

5. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Cool,
    WOW i didnt know that someone else was thinkin about that as well. I have a collection of Tourney shirts but i was thinkin about getting patches from different school. Hummmmm
    I like the shirts by the way

6. waya

waya Valued Member

I collect patches and shirts from schools I train at. Recently got the Bujinkan TaiKai shirt although I am missing the event.

7. Silver_no2

Silver_no2 Avenging Angel

Slightly different topic but definitely related...

Does anybody know of a good company that makes the patches from a design that we give them? Also looking to get some phrases written in Japanese - any ideas where we could find that sort of service?

8. waya

waya Valued Member

Most custom emblem companies are a bit pricy, but I liked Stadri's work and 1-2-3 Stitch I think the name is. Of course my info isn't much good overseas unless you want to pay for International shipping lol

Rob

9. Spike

Spike New Member

Are you trying to get written what I think you`re trying to get written, Silv?

"A census taker once tried to test me, I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice UKESOL"

10. Silver_no2

Silver_no2 Avenging Angel

I could well be!! :D I suppose that depends what you think I am looking to get written!

I'd probably still save money rather than getting it done in the UK LOL. If nobody can suggest a decent place in UK then I could be getting in touch with you Waya.

What about the rest of the UK based crowd? Have any of you got patches/flashes/badges designed and made? If so can you please let me know the details. I think that it is about time that my club had its own badge rather than just using the uni crest.