Club Listings

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Simon, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I have been thinking about what MAP's supporting membership and any little extras we can offer.

One thing we could do is allow supporting members to advertise their club.

We could add a new forum, but that would end up with a big list for people to scroll though before they found the style they were looking for.

Another option is to create a sticky in each of the style forums.

That way at the top of each style page there is a club listings section.

Good idea, bad idea?

I have raised this with the MOD Team, but your thoughts would be appreciated too.

Other ideas for supporting members also welcomed.

2. Latikos

Latikos Valued Member

I guess it can be a bit two-bladed.
    Only because someone supports the site doesn't mean that (s)he's a member of a decent school.
    So worst case scenario: MAP would be advertising a bad school.

I do like the idea, to give something like that back to supporting members.
    And that you can hardly let person x advertise his/ her school but not person z.

In the end: I really like the idea!
    Maybe sort of check what people so far have a supporting membership and so lessen the risk of advertising a McDojo/ bad/ dangerous club?

Simon likes this.
  3. Simon

We'd certainly have to add a caveat that we can't endorse any clubs.

4. Knee Rider

Knee Rider Valued Member Supporter

How about let supporting members advertise their club in their Sig and just do the club list anyway for all clubs you can vouch for? Would help new people and support good practitioners?

5. Simon

This idea has been approved by the MOD team and I'll get something in place over the weekend ready for a start on Monday.

We'll allow supporting members to advertise their club and add their personal contact details.

Thread will have to be approved by a member of the MOD Team replies won't be permitted.

The idea behind that is it's like an advert placed on a personal website, or shop window.

It's not about whether a club is deemed to be good or bad, but more a reward for buying a supporting membership.

If you aren't an instructor you'll still be able to advertise your club.

It'll be assumed that you've obtained permission from your instructor to post contact details.