Clip Representative of Kempo?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by flashlock, May 15, 2007.

1. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I mentioned it and stand by what I said. I am not sure about the other warnings I don't remember it well enough to argue that point. I felt it was a bogus stop.

All of what you are saying is just you thoughts on it, not what would have happened if it could have, the illegal part was the knee to the neck and back of the head...
    Bogus is my thought. My reason for posting the site..Is;

Now both of you are experts WOW... To many post's/fights... for me to keep up with...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Shamrock

Should have looked it up and not mentioned the DQ and Ken at the same time.

He was considered the most dangerous and so are others at various times the ones I posted, is to show that to you.

You two should become a tag team like Dan and John hmmmm

Guffyfist, I'll call you. So young and both so opinionated. :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

The illegal part was kneeing on the ground period. Whether it was to the face, side of the head, back of the head, whatever is a moot point, but somehow I feel you believe that is not the case.

Nope, no expert. Just a fan who's up on his information, and follows the sport much closer than the casual viewer. If I was an expert, I'd be a fighter....or commentating with Bas :D

What? Now we are talking about Ken and his nickname? Why?

And you fail to make a point in 3.....2....

Nice one. So what are you rambling on about? You really do need to clarify your points more. I know you've overcome this problem once before, because up until lately, I've understood everything you've posted.

3. Doublejab

Doublejab formally Snoop

Renzo claimed he throw up straight after the fight and was still dizzy the next day from the effects of the knees. He could be lying but its quite plausable, the back of the head is a bad place to get hit hard. I think Shamrock knew exactly what he was doing, he's been fighting long enough, and fully deserved to be dq.

4. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Nice one. So what are you rambling on about? You really do need to clarify your points more. I know you've overcome this problem once before, because up until lately, I've understood everything you've posted.
    You mentioned Kempo.
    Now if I was a snore'r and I bothered others in the sleep hall, does it really matter to me if I am able to sleep well? Lacking complications of course...
    No, only if I care, or someone wants to take it to another level and wake me up :eek: Or insult me...I am so sorry you fail to understand.

If someone does not spell real good or punctuate well, do you harp on it?
    I don't fully understand some of the posts around here either but I try to if I care. I believe you mentioned you were dumbing down to understand me. That is a backwards statement, but I still understood and found it humorous.

I have read much about riddles and the fact is, that some just don't get it.
    Some do, one of the reasons for the dificulty among the MA groups some are lying some are not. But if you don't read and study, train. How do you know who is BSing? Goes back to the lying indian of the one who tells the truth which one do you believe? (Cary grant movie)

Now you are new to an art and someone is explaining it to you and you don't understand, who is the dumber and who is the smarter? If you only have an IQ of 100 and are talking on a topic that takes an IQ of 140 who is in trouble?

Renzo and kneeing to the head.

I just watched a very good UFC match the other night and the one person got kneed in the head many times and was out, Danjo played one for us also. Hmmm Why no DQ?
    So:
    Now if you grab me around the waist and are going low to my knees and I quickly take both of my hands and bring them into the back of your neck from above and you fall to the floor and on your way down I knee you in the head several times... maybe one of the knees landed on the back shoulder area as the floor stopped your falling motion and I am on top with knee in neck is that good or bad? Have I commited a foul??? Only if you are in a sport...And the ref. decides to DQ.

Or should the player say, I did it I am sorry I quit?

(Gamesmanship is an art some play some don't. But it is best understood, I'd think)

Back to Renzo and the DQ. I still think he should have stood them up.
    Is there no time out like in boxing? Or is it just an automatic DQ? No they give the guy some time to recover and then go again deduct a point and go again or at last a DQ. How often does that happen? If they are paid off in boxing, they say it will happen (many claim that), but you have all the confidence in the ref on this one. To big of a fight to have had it go that way in my opinion. Some will say whatever the leader says, others think and make their own decisions. May not last long in the profession or friendship, but they are truly happier IMHO

Danjo mentioned if some folks fall and hit the ground who hits it first...or who cares. I care, I do for there is no one like you...(Tom T. Hall song) Mothers think this way or I should say I use to, until I grew up. So why do you care?

You don't, you are scolding, forget it scooter. Long winded but I hope you get the point.

Is this rambling or... pointed enough for you?

Gary

5. KempoFist

Kneeing to the head standing is legal. In the UFC kneeing to the head on the ground is illegal. I personally feel it is stupid to be an illegal tactic, as does the UFC heads, but unfortunately it is up to American Athletic Commissions to make the final sway, so changing their opinion is what is necessary.

Frank got DQ'd because he was warned during the match. He continued to do so, and Renzo was given the choice to either continue or Frank would be DQ'd. Renzo apparently was so rocked, and disoriented from the blow that he could not continue. So Frank was DQ'd. He does not get the win for defeating his opponent with an illegal move, it just doesn't work that way.

6. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Thank you

7. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

You know in Pride Japan That would be legal!!!!!

You know in Pride Japan That would be legal!!!!!

8. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Thank you :D

Regards,
    Gary

9. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Not anymore. The UFC bought out Pride and that's not legal anymore. The rules are unified. They took away those knees, but added elbows while on the ground.

10. shaolinmonkmark

shaolinmonkmark Valued Member

sorry guf, i forgot

sorry guf, i forgot

11. KempoFist

Nope. Zuffa/Pride deal is still in limbo, although the UFC has bought most of the big name contracts minus Fedor. Dreamstage is no more, but the deal still isn't complete.

12. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Interesting the different opinions about the buy out and all.

I am curious about the situation with Ortiz and White is that for real? Or was it just something to prove it will draw more people or less?

After all, the polls and nelson type ratings are still around I'd think. :p

Was it just a teaser? (Mainly Dana telling ortiz he'd better do it for the good of UFC talking dodo but not really backing it up) Sort of an off the record if you do it, I'll still help you fight more in the octagon?

Chuck thinks Tito is a wimp.

http://ufcmania.com/2007/05/11/ufc-quick-quote-chuck-goes-off-on-tito/

More BS to sell tickets "Payperview" the fight with Jackson might be his ending of the top dog...sort of thing...Then he can fight Tito lose or win and then there is Evans out there.

13. Gufbal1981

The thing wasn't a teaser. You should listen to what Jenna Jameson (Tito's Girlfriend) had to say about it. There were no contracts but yet, the boxing exhibition was going to take place. Who are you saying is going to fight Tito? Chuck or Rampage?

14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

I believe Chuck is thinking another fight with Tito.

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell weighs-in on Bad Blood: Tito Ortiz vs. Dana White — the scheduled three-round boxing exhibition that never happened — with NBCSports.com. The “Iceman” also talks about fighting “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” for a third time, as well as his preparation for his upcoming bout with Quinton “Rampage” Jackson at UFC 71 on May 26.

;)

15. Gufbal1981

Oh GOD. Not him and Tito again...He's already beat the man twice.

16. KempoFist

Nobody wants to see Chuck vs Tito III. Rampage has the gameplan and the ability to execute it to beat Chuck. Tito as it stands needs to train harder, and work his standup. If you wanna take Chuck down, you have to daze him first. Couture did it, Horn did it, Rampage did it. Shooting doesn't cut it with the Iceman.

17. Gufbal1981

Totally agreed there. I don't foresee Chuck knocking out Rampage. The guy barely got knocked out by 10 knees from Wanderlei. Rampage has gotten better since their last fight and tries to use a different gameplan for each person he fights. Chuck, although he's really good, always seems to do the same gameplan, but just gets better at it...at least that's what I see. Tito needs to work on his gameplan better if he expects to win against Chuck.

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Do you think that because C. L. is working more in BJJ will help, and where he is headed to surprise Jackson with a submit maybe?

19. Gufbal1981

I personally think Chuck has a great standup game...but, Rampage has a head made of metal or something to that effect. I don't know if Rampage will get him to the ground...seeing as he really only uses a high crotch carry throw, and Chuck uses the cage very well to his advantage.

20. KempoFist

Not likely. Reading about Chuck's training regimen, and he is honing his striking game to a science. Hackleman seems quite confident, and says that this is best Chuck he's ever seen. Cardio through the roof, striking better than ever, hitting harder than ever, and best of all...no injuries this time! My guess, is Chuck plans on counter punching Rampage into unconsciousness. Trying to go out of his comfort zone to the ground and trying to go for subs does not seem likely at all.