CLF lineage crash course

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Gong_Sau_Rick, May 20, 2008.

1. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

Sup peeps,

Most of you know me as MAP's Wing Chun bad boy, but today I'm interested in getting a crash course in Choy Lay Fut lineages.

Also there's one school in Melbourne, I don't know if it's still operating that's part of the Buck Sing lineage.

2. clfsean

clfsean Mo Lum Yat Ga

Nutshell... Chan Heung... everybody else.

A little more detailed (but still nutshelled) ...

Choy F*o*o*k/Li Yau San/Chan Yuen Woo ---> Chan Heung

Chan Heung ---> Chan Family Members ---> Chan Family CLF
    Jeung Yim*

Jeung Yim ---> Chan Ngau Sing/Others* ---> Hung Sing CLF

(member of Others)
    Liu Charn ----> Tam Sam ---> Buk Sing CLF

3. Gong_Sau_Rick

Cool, do you know of the differences in lineages as in what they focus on more, how their techniques differ etc...

As I said before the closest school to me is Buk Sing, I get the impression that they are the most fighter/combat oriented lineage. But then again I'm an absolute noob.

4. clfsean

clfsean Mo Lum Yat Ga

Rick... in the end... CLF is CLF.

Buk Sing definately works the fight angle. Agression & solid techniques make their base. They drill like mad & work to always win. Not a bad thing.

Hung Sing also works the fight angle, but a little differently. Hung Sing includes a little internal work.

Chan Family also works the fight angle, but a little differently than the other 2. Chan Family has an entire internal curriculum to go along with the external. I'm not talking like Yang or Chen taiji added in. It's CLF internal for CLF practitioners.

In the end, they all share the 10 core techniques for CLF, all call the punches the same & perform almost the same. The biggest noticable difference is how they perform them & the hand/weapon sets. Chan has the most, followed by Hung Sing & then Buk Sing.

You can't go wrong with Buk Sing in Australia. It's from the Lacey brothers & they are known for their production of fighting CLF players. Chen Yong Fa is also in Australia & turns out good folks too, but I think he's on the east coast. I really don't know much about the AU geography when it comes to cities & their locations to each other.

Best thing I can suggest... go try it. See if it fits what you might want to try & give a go. I'm pretty sure there's no disappointment in the future for you if you do.

5. Gong_Sau_Rick

Ok, will do. Thanks man. ;)

6. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

Clfbsg

You want to know something about CLF ask and i will give you an answer.