Christmas Presents

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by saru1968, Nov 23, 2005.

1. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

'Christmas is coming the Goose is getting fat, please put a shuriken in the Ninja's hat'

I know its still November but i'm going to complete Christmas shopping by the end of November this year.

I've sorted all the family and myself(i've got myself some armour and an eye on a 360)

The question is what do you get a Ninja for christmas?

I normally buy loads of alcohol because if i don't give it all away i can always drink it myself..

any suggestions..

:)

2. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

3. pgm316

pgm316 lifting metal

Ninja stuff! :rolleyes:

4. Lord Spooky

Possibly a book on how to make friends and influence people??

:D :D

5. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yeah get me one Rich, must have lost my last one moving house!! :D

6. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Its ok, Greg's sorted...

i'm just gonna tie some nice shiny objects round these thigh length leather outdoor tabi.i've got for him ..:)

7. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

My daughter (4yrs old) said she is getting me a bag of poo for christmas!!! :D :eek:

8. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

well i reckon if a few of us 'get together' we could get you an even bigger bag maybe even stretch to a sack of poo!

9. Lord Spooky

Thigh length?? :eek: :eek: Shouldn't that be knee length or are we talking about something a bit more kinky :D :D

10. JibranK

JibranK Valued Member

Obviously. They are British. :D

11. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

I bought myself almost every DVD from quest in the past few days... :( I guess thats not a present though. I am asking for those bo shuriken from www.awma.com and a better bokken/shinai. I am also asking for some books on theology and philosophy and ninpo in general. I'm so mad buyubooks went under, I dont know where to go now!

-Ryan.

12. snake_plisskin

snake_plisskin Valued Member

Here's a nifty stocking stuffer: Tiger Balm! I got this as a present years ago from a girlfriend. Just smelling it can bring a "whiff" of energy to me, as opposed to the "Sick" feel of "Ben-Gay" and similar muscle balms. Purely psychosomatic, of course, but a nice smell. Just don't rub it into your hamstrings if you plan on standing around in boxer shorts...the vapors, uh, tend to rise and tickle places that ought not be tickled--at least not by a Tiger!

And for doing techniques from seiza, knee pads that don't bind behind the knee and cause pain when in seiza. If you do techniques in seiza on rough carpet (see "2002 Tai Kai"), you know how your knees can be ground up and turned to bloody hamburger, even through sweat pants, a hakama, or a gi.

How about some really thin snowboarding or cross country ski gloves . I have a pair of Burton Snowboard gloves with thin rubber lines going down each finger. They're really warm, incredibly flexible, and they're great to train in. I also wear them daily, so I also train wearing something I use. If you train in a chilly environment (like a barn, for instance), they're a great addition.

Or, maybe those hard-drinking ninja on your list could use a sake cup set and bottle of premium sake . You can find premium sake online, I believe, and various Japanese items if you do a search.

If you fancy a fancy bathrobe, you can buy your significant other a vintage kimono like the one I bought online years ago. Mine is red and black, and has rows of axe blades going up and down the fabric. It's really cool. And, if you have a girlfriend, they look really good on them while they're slinking about the house in those thigh-high tabi boots...

Okay, that's about it for now. Ho ho ho.

--Snake

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  13. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

**** Imagines Greg in Kimono, thigh length tabi, leaning over table ***

BANG

*** Hits head whilst waking in a cold sweat from Nightmare ***

or of course you could buy the Kimono for someone else's girlfriend!!

The tiger balm is cool stuff except when one forgets to wash hands and then visits the toilet!

14. fire&steel

fire&steel Valued Member

A pair of Shuko from Santa Claws maybe ? :D

15. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

I got my gift this past Monday. 20/20 vision.

16. Kalifallen

Kalifallen looking for partner

Lucky, I want that present.

What to get a ninja?
    Tetsuzen, Tai Kai videos, informative ninja books, a cool sword (cause every ninja needs a cool sword), metsubishi (come on, you know you want to disappear), Ninja Gaiden Black and Shinobi (what? did you forget your ninja video games?), some cool ninja clothing (either for training or for casual wear), movies....

Some of that I want, well the majority, but what I'd really like is the Xbox 360 with Dead or Alive 4. I so want to have Ryu fight the Spartan. I want to answer the age old question: Who would win in a fight of a ninja vs. a Spartan?
    Also (only the Premium because of the hard drive) the 360 is backwards compatible to the popular games. (Sorry, didn't mean to boost on the 'box.)
    Hatsumi's Advance Stick Fighting book and the Tetsuzen book plus some of the ninja videos of his and Tai Kai's.

Also wished they had a good ninja comic out there. Sadly I haven't seen one yet.

17. Lord Spooky

They do it's called Batman :D :D