Christianity, bullying, and gay straight alliances.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Blade96, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

Wow, thread about Christians being bullied leads to hostile posting against Christians :rolleyes:

2. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

Dont talk about Christians, good or bad :evil:

3. komuso

komuso Valued Member

Sigh,

no Ben. I have absolutely no problem with christianity. What I have an issue with is the mixing of church and state. As I stated in the first place I am someone who believes very, very strongly in the capacity of people to exercise their freedom. But in this particular case we are talking about people having their freedom restricted, a reality that is being sidestepped by both yourself and AikiMac. This entire situation is exactly the same to me as vegetarians - for example - insisting that their (in many cases long standing tradition of..) not eating meat means that it should be banned.

Thats all. I would be just as ardent about defending the rights of christians, or anyone else for that matter, to practice the lifestyle they choose. Right up until the point that t starts impacting on the capacity of others to do the same.

paul

4. 47MartialMan

Religion and The State;

"Do As I say, but Not As I Do"

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

So just to clarify your position - you are against gay people being allowed to marry because...?

6. CanuckMA

CanuckMA Valued Member

Because you start with gays marrying, then you have single payer heralth care. Next thing you know, you wake up and you're part of Canada.

7. 47MartialMan

Nope. You mean Mexico