Christian Tae Kwon Do

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Cosmo Kramer, Aug 7, 2005.

1. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

See thats where I believe the bible is flawed. Telling us to give away our power to a "higher" being. Thats the main cause of unhappiness in this world.

So you would happily go to vietnam or iraq?

2. NaughtyKnight

Also how would you explain the Holocaust etc? The government gave them the right to exterminate people. Does that make it right?

3. Han Moo (WTF)

Han Moo (WTF) New Member

That's why we get in the War to control the Evil in that historical moment.

4. NaughtyKnight

Whos right, whos wrong. Who is "gods people". Are israel right to kill palistinans. Are americans right to kill muslims.

You cant have double standards, what america is doing is evil, so by your logic, we should go to war with them.

5. Han Moo (WTF)

Han Moo (WTF) New Member

The Father of the American Nation (Whasington, etc...) make the American Goverment and the Constitution from the Christian Bible, so under this historical moment they make the United States of America a Christian Principles Nation.
    So don't blame me, I don't was there in 1776.

6. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

They're not learning to fear God.
    Even the most hardcore evangelicals only use "fear of God" against non-believers. This group is for kids who are Christians anyway so they'll be taught about the love of God/Jesus. MA goes hand in hand with your beliefs on how you should live your life and if everyone who trains at this club are Christian then it'll benefit them lots.

There's only a complication if someone isn't a Christian and wants to learn the art anyway and then that's not an issue as there's plenty of other MA clubs they can go to instead.

7. NaughtyKnight

So it makes whatever they do right does it?

Just because they based their laws on the christian bible (which all english settlements did), its gives them the devine right to do whatever they want while policing the world?

8. Han Moo (WTF)

Han Moo (WTF) New Member

No, but changing the theme. We gave the people liberty of religion in our nation, even that we are a Nation with Christian Principle. So Why if you are a Christian in a Musulmans Nation they kill you instantly?, Why if you are a Christian in China they persecute you and try to Kill you?. That is happenijng in this century..., Why the North Korean Goverment don't make a freedom of religion in their Nation?

9. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Saying that you are going to run a country on religious principles is one thing, doing so is another.

It's a noble idea, but it's doomed to fail, because power corrupts, and politics dirties everything in the end I'm afraid.

10. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

What are you on about?

11. Han Moo (WTF)

Han Moo (WTF) New Member

Sorry, Johnno. I was detour from the principal theme, because I was in a Brainstorming with NaughtyKnight.

12. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

And that caused you to start posting random sentances of gibberish. All is now clear. :D

13. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

Yes, the east do have dictorial governments who are less tolerant of other beliefs. It's not a Christian/non-Christian thing though.
    Back in the medievil days it was the muslims who were tolerant of other faiths (including Christians and Jews) while the Catholic Church was very anti anything non-Christian. Things have changed as the west has become more enlightened and the east seems to be in a bit of a political mess.

14. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

do you honestly believe that your school (or christian schools) are the only ones that teach the above????

15. Han Moo (WTF)

Han Moo (WTF) New Member

do you honestly believe that your school (or christian schools) are the only ones that teach the above????

No but for many years I was learning TKD, and I have to practice the TKD with the values that are not Christians. So why I can not teach my students all that from a Christian perperstive instake from a Taoist perperstive ones.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  16. Alexander

Alexander Possibly insane.

:confused:

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure the bible says that 'thou shalt not kill'; not 'thou shalt not kill unless the government orders you to'.

At the end of the day you make your own decisions and although the government might order you to kill someone, saying 'they told me to do it' will probably not impress your god very much on judgement day (that is, if it will actually happen).

17. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

i agree here, because in that case you obey the government and not god.

18. Han Moo (WTF)

Han Moo (WTF) New Member

Yes is thru, but the same Bible says in Revelations (New Testament) that in the Second Comming of JesusChrist he will be comming to fight not to give love and peace. It says that the Nations will fight agains the Lamp, but the Lamp will defeat them.

Also if God is perfect and don't lie, he says that kill is wrong, Why he Kill the Faraons Army in Exodos? It don't was the Israelist was God who Kill them. So God make a mistake and get wrong in that moment? No, I don't think so.

God have many qualities like:
    Jehova Rhafa: God my healer.
    Jehova Nissi: God my Flag.
    Jehova Shalom: God my peace.

and one of them is Jehova God of the Army's, and he is a Warrior too. Is one of His qualities and we just reflect him.

19. Lefty

Lefty Yummy!

Revelation is a bit of an acid trip. For me it looses credibility when it gets to the 7-headed beast... well actually a lot before then... Like in Genesis. ;)

Teach Christian TKD if you like. I won't attend classes there and the christians won't miss me. You're free to do that, I'm free to abstain. Don't think that non-christian TKD schools don't teach morality and proper use of TKD.

20. TraditionalTKD

TraditionalTKD New Member

Jesus H. Christ this is too much for me!

I beg to differ. The Founding Fathers did not base the Constitution on Christian principles. The Constitution was based on principles of the Enlightenment that they, as privileged elite, were educated in. The theories of Locke, Rousseau, and many others. They may have used their Christian backgrounds as a moral reference point (some did-they were by no means all devout Christians), but had no intention of turning America into a "Christian nation". That is theocracy. For Christians to claim otherwise is to practice revisionist history.
    Anyway, Tae kwon Do philosophy is not Buddhist. It is relevant to all faiths and philosophies. For Christians to teach their own separate schools that puts a Christian emphasis on something that is not religious to begin with strikes me as elitist and narrow minded.