Chose kickboxing for my son.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by _sam_, Jan 24, 2011.

1. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Hi guys,

Just a quick update and a thank you for all the advice. After trying several different styles/schools (judo, karate, kickboxing and tae kwon do, 4 classes of each) we've decided on kickboxing for my boy as this is the class he enjoys the most.

Once again, thanks to everyone who offered advice :cool:

2. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Good choice:cool:

3. slickoneuk

slickoneuk Member Supporter

Cool, loads of energy expended makes for a more relaxed kid!

4. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Excellent, I'm really glad you found something he enjoys. Let's hope it's the start of something that'll always be a positive part of his life :)

Mitch

5. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Tournament or ring fighting?

6. kingc699

kingc699 Valued Member

Good choice :)

7. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Cheers mate :cool: And if he's anything like me (and everyone says he's my mini me) then it will be. I started boxing when i was 6 years old and only stopped fighting last year. I still spar and train occasionally, but i'm still on the lookout for something new. Thai boxing felt too much like boxing to me, but ive got my eye on a couple of martial arts they run at my son's club, (practical arnis and mixed martial arts.) though to be honest i don't want me training there too to distract him or affect his training in any way, so will have to see yet. But yeah, he absolutely loves it

8. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

I'm not sure mate to be honest, tournament i think... he's only 7 years old though so its going to be a while yet before we need to think about that. Not sure whether i'll let him fight when he's older yet anyway, it was fine for me, but my son....hmmm not sure about that. He may have to wait until he's old enough to make the decision himself (late 40's maybe, about the same time i'll allow my daughters out without a brace of viscious dogs to keep the ********s off them haha)