[Choi Kwang Do] Ralph Allison

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by Dead_pool, Aug 30, 2009.

1. amiller127

amiller127 Chief Instructor

Ah, bless. I can tell from this one post you have NEVER been to my classes. I DONT teach that particular close range to my students. Never have, never will. I teach them to drop their centre of gravity to make it harder to throw them around, stamps, shin rakes strikes and a way to release or loosen from the grip. Pop on down to the Bristol club sometime and will be happy to show you. Would be more than happy to have you try it on me while resisting too so long as your happy to take me stamping and hitting away to make it realistic?

And there arent any pictures of my ten year olds on my web site yet. Quite a few of my under 7's though. The web site does need some picture and movie updates though. Guess I will have to get that organised.

As for me rubbishing people who leave Choi Kwang Do, please tell me who I have rubbished. Ralph Allison is a poor instructor, derided by many in the martial arts community on this forum and others. Im just agreeing with the consensus here in this thread set up specifically to have a go at RA.

Im going to make a guess here and say you may be someone associated with RA and Chi Combat or whatever he is calling his "art" these days?

2. amiller127

Actually, seeing as you have set up the account to simply comment on this particular section of MAP (and to go to my post on opening a school in Bristol to put a bad comment on it without training with me ever) I would think this Senseibloke is actually RA. Welcome to MAP Ralph. Why not speak up and defend your art and teaching against its detractors? No need to hide behind anonimity....

3. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Pretty fair offer, I'd say.

4. amiller127

I thought so too. Wont happen though. He wont turn up to put what I teach to get out of that particular release to the test.

5. sensiblebloke

sensiblebloke New Member

dale miller

So the question is why you call your school choi kwang do if you don`t teach their stuff ? But perhaps you teach the one where someone is grabbing your student`s hand and the defender slaps the attacker in the face (another useless choi technique) ?

If one of your students does that , then the attacker will either just get annoyed or dodge the slap ( round palm strike) and beat the living daylights out of your "great students".

There are many such flaws in the choi kwang do system and no , I wouldn`t waste my time to come to your or any other choi kwang do school as it`s an overpriced mediocre art that rips people off.

And yes , I can give plenty of examples of the above ( the ripping off and the self defence moves that don`t work) . I`m sure your master choi will be very pleased with you when he realizes you started this thread.

I`ve only touched the tip of the iceberg here - but if you wanna hear more - no probs ! :woo:

But remember it was you who started this.

6. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Sounds as though you have an axe to grind. Maybe personal attacks should be done through PM's rather than in public.

7. amiller127

I call my school Choi Kwang Do because that is the art and syllabus I teach. So what if I dont adhere 100% to the exact close range described in the book. Both Grandmaster Choi and my own instructors have said the same thing with regards to close range releases. There are many different ways to get out of a grab, not just one so long as you drill it enough that it becomes second nature to you. Ive seen Grandmaster Choi teach a few variations of the close range stuff and some groundwork (not in the Choi syllabus either officially).

As for the hand grabs, ive had personal experience of being grabbed by the hand aggressivly and what I have been taught worked fine to get me out of it. Didnt need to hit the man either to get out of the grab. So what I learned worked fine in a real situtation. Have a witness to it too. More than happy for you to talk to her if you like. And you DONT have to use a round palm strike, you can use whatever technique works for whatever opening you have. Any strike doesnt neccassarily have to knock a person out. All it needs to do is loosen the grip a little. I also teach my students they can stamp to the foot on this drill, before they even need to hit with their hands. You dont even need to do that so long as you work the weakness between the thumb and forfinger on any wrist grab, anything preceeding the release is done just in case you have someone significantly stronger than you so the strikes and stamps are there to loosen them up a little and take their mind off of gripping you so tightly. Its obvious to me you never actually understood all the mechanics of the movements and why they were there, or that they do not have to be rigidly adhered to so long as you break free of the grab.

Again, feel free to come to my class for two weeks FREE lessons on how to apply this :D . Will be more than happy to teach you how to do it properly and your more than welcome to resist the grab if you like. More than happy to pressure test it with you. You have my details, give me a call... But you wont....

Awww come on. How am I overpriced? Please tell me? What do you teach and charge? Im happy to put my prices up in comparison to yours. Please tell us what you teach and charge Ralph....

BTW, I wouldn't charge you a penny to come to my class to put the release we are discussing to the test. If it doesnt work I would be more than happy to come on here and say so. So considering I would be doing it for FREE, how can it be overpriced????

Actually, I didnt start this thread did I? Think you will find that others did so and commented well before I did. Havent seen you make any comments about them though have I?

By the way, maybe the reason the "self defence moves" dont work is the same reason the people in the above video are so poor. Maybe its due to the quality of the instruction? But we cant comment on that with regards to you can we as you are hiding your real identity :D

But go for it Ralph... There are plenty of Skeletons in your closet and plenty of things we can get from your own web sites to knock you with....

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  8. amiller127

He's disabled his PM's Kwaj. Was more than happy to chat to him privatley too :)

9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

No surprise there.

I think you laid it out sir, if someone says something doesn't work, and you give them every opportunity to prove you wrong and they refuse to try it, the pressure is on them.

10. sensiblebloke

sensiblebloke New Member

choi kwang do (the delusion continues)

I actually agree with you but "personal attacks" is choi kwang do style. They are currently "attacking" an ex choi kwang do instructor gary collins who left who uses part of their (non copyrighted) name . They also personally attacked roger koo when he dared to leave the organization (see website : koo self defense) . One choi kwang do member even tried to steal personal data from an ex choi kwang do instructor (Margaret Moore) by creeping into their office being about to snatch students` personal files. With roger koo , choi kwang do went through all the trouble of putting up a website trying to rubbish him containing flashing images of ridicule. Now they are trying it with ra and don`t like it when their cans of worms are being opened . I guess you are also a choi kwang do member - if you are , get out while you can.

If you want to see a "personal attack" then check out this :

http://www.kwangjochoi.net/

11. amiller127

Love that kwang Jo choi site. It's full of unproven accusations and downright lies. Not a single shred of proof on it. It's about as truthful as RA bio page where he seems to have all of a sudden studied hundreds of arts. How about we see some proof of that. Put up some certificates to show that the other arts are legit.

And where have Choi Kwang Do attacked Ralph Allison? I don't see any web sites set up to knock him. In fact this thread and other threads set up to knock him on here and other sites were started by non choi people. I don't as a rule fall out with people who leave choi or ridicule them. Ask CaptainMooMoo for example. The fact of the matter is that I agree with this thread. RA was in my opinion one of, if not the worst CKD instructors I ever came across whose ego wasn't justified by his talents. For example I had one student complain to me about him being deluded, saying how he bragged he had developed the flexibility to do a heel kick with the ball of his foot. In other words he couldn't perform the technique properly and made up some crap about being extra flexible to hide the fact.

12. amiller127

Ps that kwang Jo choi site has for years been promising to come up with proof. 5 years of waiting so far. They have no proof. I've already shot down one of their criticism of GMC saying he was only 4th dan in tkd by posting a video clip from an itf video showing he was master rank before leaving itf.

13. sensiblebloke

sensiblebloke New Member

So ra has an ego right ? So how about calling kwang jo choi the greatest martial artist who ever lived - the choi kwang do slogan you hear at every seminar ? Is that a lie too ? So how come the greatest martial artist who ever lived cannot see that the choi kwang do close range techniques don`t work ? ( still waiting for a reply on that one from dale miller )

The proof is in the pudding - if a person can perform ju jitsu moves down to a t then it`s pretty obvious that they know what they`re doing. The choi kwang do flaws speak volumes about this irresponsible martial art that is only interested in extracting MONEY from its students. Pay them a few thousand pounds and you get your black belt in a matter of months whereas others who can`t cough up the dough have to do it properly in 3 to 4 years.

And if dale miller is such a great instructor how come he`s got next to no students . In every picture on his website you see no more than 2 . And there is no photographic evidence that neither dale miller or his students are any good. In fact the body position on each photo look very poor and dale miller himself has nothing to show of his "great talent" - just standing around with the master. Looks like dale is only lethal with his mouth.

Show us your new photos and videos dale and don`t forget to include the close range stuff so people can see just how inefficient this martial art is.

Steve elrod and ralph allison were the good guys of choi kwang do when they were paying the money but now they`re gone and don`t pay the money anymore they`re the outcasts.

And this is the guy they are hounding at the moment :

http://www.ckdassociation.com/

14. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This thread is cool. :)
    More please!

15. Killa_Gorillas

Killa_Gorillas Banned Banned

Going out on a limb, I'm going to say that choi kwang do as practiced in Bristol is a splat of rancid ejaculate, irrespective of how they deal with a rear grab. Because...

... taken from here.

http://www.ckdbristol.co.uk/adults.php

16. sensiblebloke

sensiblebloke New Member

choi kwang do (the delusion continues)

Yes , choi kwang do people are really nice (as long as you pay the money ) .. but what happens when you leave ? : Loads and loads of hate mail from choi kwang do members , one website attack and several other annoying rubbish from the dale millers of choi kwang do . :bang:

17. amiller127

You mean like Ralph Allison who spent thousands of pounds and then jumped from 3rd, to 4th to 5th in under 5 years or so because he faked his martial arts history and complained to HQ so much. That he pushed to test ahead of his own instructor who waited properly for his testing? :rolleyes:

If your sticking up for RA then that might not be the best point to make :)

I was working in IT when I opened my Bristol classes. All I was worried about was the class covering its expenses. I wasnt out for a huge class to make money off, I just wanted a small class with a good group of students I would enjoy teaching. Now i'm trying to make a living from teaching im actually advertising my classes now, which I didnt for about 4 years and picking up new students every week. Thanks for worrying about me though. By the way, since when is a student count an indication of how good the instructor is. Ive seen some pretty crappy instructors with HUGE student counts while some of the best ive been with have had smaller classes (of better quality). Im not interested in my web sites being all about me and how fantastic I am. I let people come to my classes and make up their own minds about staying. Lets just say that I have a pretty good rate of people sigining up with me after they have come into class :)

Dale has given you an open invite to come to his class and pressure test his close range techniques. One of us is happy to back up their words with actions and one isnt :cry:

Will do when I get a chance. Got a big load of things I want to do with my web site that I need to get around to.

Ralph Allison was a good guy? Ask Master Cassar about Ralph Allison and the crap he was pulling. Ask Simon Sparrow of Hitchen CKD of how the good guy Ralph Allison tried claiming the rebate for one of Simon's students.

Ask for CKD Association, I can understand why CKDHQ arent happy. They have traded under the name Choi Kwang Do for 24 years. Now someone else is setting up an organisation called Choi Kwang Do. Other companies dont like other people using their name after they have spent years and lots of money promoting a name, just for someone else to come along and use it.

BTW, I havent commented on any other Ex CKD people, just RA so no need for the conspiracy theory :)

18. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Someone has extended a generous offer to you - how about growing a set of nuts, following up on it and THEN come back here and post.

Otherwise I just call Troll

19. amiller127

By the way Ralph. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the ON THE STREETS articles back up on your web site so we can see EXACTLY what your opinion of good close range defenses are before you criticise the Choi Kwang Do ones :):hat:

20. Aegis

Aegis River Guardian Admin Supporter

Really? You don't think Aegis82 might be the youtube pseudonym of someone else on this thread?

;)