chloe bruce sparring

Discussion in 'Other Styles' started by musical forms, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aikiwolfie

aikiwolfie ... Supporter

Is it showing off or just an itchy ... foot :D

2. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Sounds like the OP has an agenda here. Rival maybe? I think she IMO is damn good at what she does, plus the fact she is visually stunning I would wager she wont lose any sleep over this.

Question to the OP whats your background and are you competing?

Chloe is not marketing herself as a killing machine and is honest about herself and her background, no issue here just hard won success and I wish her all the best for the future.

Maybe concentrate on your own life and building on your own skillset, particularly your grasp of the english language if you are going towards the teaching profession as per your earlier post.

3. musical forms

musical forms Valued Member

ha ha ha ha very funny you should be comedy act .stand up

4. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

You didn't answer my questions whats your martial art background and are you competing?

Why the hostility towards Chloe? Honestly if you want to be taken as anything but a internet troll you need to give a bit more background.

She has not in my eyes done anything wrong, I personally hate the XMA/tricking scene but as long as people are honest about what they do I don't have a problem with it.

5. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

I'm not sure why musical forms is getting so much stick here. I'm not a fan of Chloe Bruce either. I would absolutely love to have her levels of flexibility and strength, but I don't find her schtick entertaining. It's impressive the first time you see her tie her legs around her neck, but it's a bit like those guys who can support iron weights from their nuts: it's impressive that they can do it, but it's not really fun to watch.

6. musical forms

i am not sure either why i am getting stick either mossey

7. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Simple really, you seem to have a problem with Chloe Bruce who is very good at what she does and does not market it as anything other than XMA/tricking.

Knowing your background would help establish why you have taken issue, have you competed on the same circuits? If not remember people in glass houses. . .

If this was a debate about the relevance of XMA within the martial art community you would not have recieved this sort of reception.

8. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Perhaps if you answered the questions that people have asked you then it might diffuse some of the antagonism which seems to have built up? Of course, you're not obliged to do so. But if you ignore the more antagonistic comments directed at you, there have been a number of very reasonable responses given to your questions, and some reasonable questions asked in return.

Another thing (and it's difficult to phrase it without it sounding like a bit of an attack on you, but I don't mean it that way) is that people are clearly a bit bemused by the fact that you say you are a teaching assistant, but your use of English is frankly very poor. If English isn't your first language then it would probably be a good idea to mention that, so that people don't keep nitpicking about your grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalisation and so forth. Please take that as well-intentioned advice, whether you choose to listen to it or not.

9. musical forms

i am teaching assistant of 4 years old kids .i am irish there long histroy to my we speak English in Ireland i won,t go in to that.
    i am asking because due high rate unemployment out there rate she getting hired for kicking above her head if we all could that we all have jobs,
    that what i cant understand i am looking for work a long time i do martial art but no body hired me handed me huge money for it.i just don,t understand it .i know about entertainment industry in my country not in England.
    we all like to get paid for things love to do but lot of us don,t get paid for it.
    that why asking how did she become famous i have seem brilliant ballerina and gymnasts do what chloe does with little teaching i,d bet they replicated what she exact same routine
    i don,t dislike the girl if want be freeforms goddess good for her
    i just can,t understand how she can make money from it

10. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

But have you ever tried to work as a martial artist/tricker?

Have you gone and done demos at large events?

Have you done anything to promote yourself in that market?

11. musical forms

in Ireland that kind stuff chloe is just not done no one would see it practical
    even hire worthy unless you can spar full contact .katie taylor is getting hired for commercial but she the only one, but we have monks of china in Ireland
    there is lad where i live with chloe flexibility but he works in circus that only he get get circus work.

12. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Chloe made a name for herself on the circuit if you have aspirations, have you been on the circuit, made a show reel and sent this to casting agents ect.

Don't worry about other people people's path if your teaching kids great and a noble profession, if you want to do something else and feel you have the relevant skills you need to put yourself out there.

No one will knock on your door and chase you. If you want it you need to go get it

13. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

So that is a NO then.

Nobody is going to hand you work. You need to go get it. It could be hard work.

And if you need proof that it is at least possible...she has done it.

14. musical forms

i am not looking for in industry. i would like to see spar live opponent besides kicking air. can i ask you question so what is she going to do in live situation when when some one is actual going to hurt her down dark street.give demo display to distract and run away .them think about it .

i mean no mallous by it but i am being realistic

15. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I doubt it was that easy for Chloe. Lucky break and doing the right thing at the right time?

16. Dan93

Dan93 Valued Member

Fine I believe in being effective above all else as well, but I train for that. Chloe doesn't, she is a performance artist.

Self defence is a personal thing, millions of people get by without it. I feel everyone should have some form of basic training i.e. is in Israel with krav maga in schools ect. but live and let live, she is not misleading anyone.

17. musical forms

i guess that her look out i guess.use at her own risk .

i am going krav maga ago when they come here i heard it brilliant used by military in isreal. they have youtube demo they is very effective

18. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Please, write anything but not "they is" :cry:
    You'll break my poor English-studying heart!

19. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

They is not obligated to adhere to your strict english standards. Kinda' like they is not obligated for training to the deadly combat if they wanted a profession involving those martial arts.

Man, it was really hard writing that sentence :p

20. Wildlings

Wildlings Baguette Jouster

Double heart attack. You're now responsible for my bad health :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.