Chisora calling out Wilder

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Sandninjer, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

This would be an awesome fight. I've been waiting for a great American heavy weight, and though Deontay Wilder isn't exactly "great" yet, he's still a big truck. Chisora definitely has the far upper hand when it comes to experience, but I believe Wilder can manage to sneak in some of his powerful hooks every now and then against him. What are your thoughts?

Here's ESPN's article on this:

2. belltoller

belltoller OffTopic MonstreOrdinaire Supporter

Nice letter - and response. Certainly can't fault their manners when it comes to calling someone out.

I like Chisora. Good pressure fighter. I think I like him as much for coming back after 3 consecutive losses ( the last to Haye ) for his problems combating weight ( I don't think the issue of 'juicing' will come up for him ) and seems to be a well spoken fellow - except for biting opponents, spitting occasionally...slapped V.Klitschko...hmmm...forget the 'nice bloke' thing - but I do like him.

For some reason :thinking:

Here's one of Chisora bitch-slappin Vitali - bad move in hindsight...

[​IMG]

3. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

lol I remember seeing that video before the night of their fight. To be honest, because of his attitude, my opinion of him dropped fast. I used to think it was a publicity stunt until he got into a real fight with David Haye. I'm glad Haye whooped him for that.

But yeah, I'd definitely be rooting for my fellow American, Wilder. Unfortunately, my gut instinct tells me Chisora is too experienced for him right now.

4. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I saw Deontay Wilder's fight against Carlos Molina. Was like watching two basketball players box, the ropes were at their waists! They need a whole different kind of boxing lessons with those lurch bodies, it takes a week for a hook to reach its destination and makes three right turns.

Not a fan of Chisora, dude seems like a complete thug.

5. belltoller

You think so? I thought maybe it was possibly the intimidation factor that Chisora might have an edge with, if anything.

:happy:

Too much! Tnx for the cramps I have in my side now. I'll have to jot that one down.

6. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

To be honest, I'd jot that down in my book as being on the same line as experience. It's usually (though I suppose not always) the fighter with much more experience who ends up being the "intimidator" (yeah I just made up an adjective). But definitely agree. Wilder is... well, wild. It's very difficult to put down a tall, muscular, strong fighter but if you're a better technical boxer, then you do have the possibility of a big advantage... at least from my own experience.

7. puma

puma Valued Member

The only experience Chisora has is losing to the top guys. Klitschko was injured but still won almost every round, and Haye beat the snot out of him. He even lost to Fury, and Fury is terrible! I can't see him lasting with Wilder to be honest.

8. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

To be honest, I still feel like Chisora's losses to them is still far more experience than Wilder has. Losing is often a great learning lesson.

9. belltoller

It does have a nice ring to it

[​IMG]

10. puma

puma Valued Member

I thought I heard when the Haye fight fell through that Tyson Fury was looking for a Wilder fight? Did he just think better of it?

11. Sandninjer

Sandninjer Valued Member

Haha right? I thought that was I typed it too.

Interesting, I have not heard that yet. That would also be nice fight to watch.

12. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

The fact it's a noun notwithstanding. :whistle:

13. puma

puma Valued Member

Thought Chisora was going to streak if he won his last fight?

14. belltoller

Referring to the Ondrej Pala fight?

15. puma

puma Valued Member

Sorry, yeah. Said if he won he would run down the street naked. Who knows why? There must be better ways to celebrate!