[China] Tea

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Su lin, Apr 16, 2007.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Yeah I always give the missus a hard time about drinking the IB. Then she went away to India... the same day the box of IB ran out. Of course it happened to be right at the time when I fancied a cup of it. :bang:

I actually had to go buy it myself. Grrrrrrrr!

2. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

You know was thinking about the effect on the body each tea has! So noticed white teas are more warming to me, hum odd!
    Chai
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chai
    White Tea
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_tea
    Green Tea
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Tea
    Black Tea
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Tea

Well long story short think it has to do with fluoride.
    Oddly these article just hardly even explain what I mean! Especially when they just tell you that the camellia is the plant that tea comes from, when only certain camellia are able to be used this way.

3. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Awww poor Slips,did you have to have a lie down afterwards? :D

And nready, yeah its interesting stuff! I always drink different tea according to how I feel and if I need a tonic of some kind!

4. nready

Yea that is what I do as well sometimes in extreme cold weather I will add nutmeg or something.

I put any excess tea in the fridge and warm up latter also.

5. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

WEE!!! TEA!!!

I love teas. My faves are:

Chammomile
    Oolong
    Green
    and anything with mint in it.

:)

6. nready

Why mint? Do you live some where warm or cold?

7. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Mint tea is very good for the digestion.

8. Brat

Brat Return of the Brat!!!

I live in Florida, I'm going to go with warm. Lol.
    I love the flavor of mint in teas. Even in the winter. I'm not exactly sure why.

9. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Mmmm just drinking some Huang Ti's choice tea- I'm really cold at the moment and find it really warms me up:

Huang Ti's Choice INCREASE ENDURANCE LEVELS It is said that Huang Ti, the Yellow Emperor, first drank this tea as a secret to his health, vitality and long life. A naturally sweet and spicy combination of herbs, it warms the body to increase resistance, especially during the winter months. This formula builds and circulates the chi and the blood, both at deeper levels and at the surface. It is also used to relieve pain in the waist and legs. The tea has become quite popular among martial artists as well a yogic a aerobic practitioners. Also it is particularly helpful to those who have sedentary jobs and cannot move around as much or as often as they like. INGREDIENTS: Cinnamon, Peony, Ziziphi Jujubae (black), Astragalus, Ginger, Licorice.

I'm not convinced it can increase my endurance levels but it certainly warms me up :)

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Ah lulu... the ginger, cinnamon and licorice alone should warm you up. Tasty stuff.
    I'm just gargling with Iron Buddha while munching on roast pork knuckle because I've come down with some sort of flu bug. Brought on by Tequila of all things. Nightmare.

11. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Awwww, never heard of tequila induced flu before though :D

I normally hate liquorice but that tea goes down very nicely indeed. :p

12. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Sorry for a thread necro. But I didn't really want to just start a new thread. Right now I am drinking a lot of Pu-erh tea. It's helped a lot with my weight loss and it just tastes great. You also don't have to drink the tea leaves, you can put them in salads, stir fry or pretty much any recipe that calls for leafy greens.

13. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

More importantly - why was this obvious historically incorrect statement allowed to remain as a stain on the fabric of MAP for nine years?!!

14. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

Because it's true.

You LOST, and you don't have your own tea.

We WON, and we do.

Just deal with it, LOSER. :p

15. AndrewTheAndroid

AndrewTheAndroid A hero for fun.

Went Chaga hunting today for the first time. It was a lot of fun and we found almost 3 lbs of it.