[China] Tea

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Su lin, Apr 16, 2007.

1. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

Anyone know if Iron Budha tea is nice to drink? I like the name but haven't tried it yet.

2. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I think it's a type of Oolong iirc.

3. CFT

CFT Valued Member

4. Kenpo_Iz_Active

Kenpo_Iz_Active Greek Warrior-not 300

chinese oolong team woot woot! oh, and earl gray. it'll knoc your knickers off!

5. A Practitioner

A Practitioner Aww shi!

I like a good cup of emperor's gunpowder with some Ai Ye added in for kick.

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Newsflash... this... just in from China. The mainland. It's official. Coffee is the new drink of choice in China. I was in the mainland about a month ago... and yesterday and today when I went back I counted at least six new coffee shops in about a one mile area. Six!!!! :eek:

They were enjoying swift business... every single on of them... I had to sample a bit at each. You know... quality assurance. :)

Flat white? Had it.
    Cappuccino? Had it.
    Espresso? Had it.
    Mocha? Had it.
    Cafe con Pana? Had it.
    Cafe Latte? Had it.
    Cafe Americano? Had it.

Man they were on the ball!!!! Hong Kong too ages to get decent coffee shops. China just jumped right in with gusto. Yes Starbucks is there... two within a block of each other... there was Eskimo Coffee... there was e-Coffee... the craziest Starbucks knockoff ever.... I don't know how they don't get sued?!?! :D

Anyhow... yes you can still get tea in China. And really I don't doubt it's still the leader by far... but it was a mind blower to see the Chinese sitting there sipping espresso like it was an everyday habit. If it wasn't it sure will be now.:D

and yes there is a certain delight in posting about coffee in the tea thread..:p

Here's... the link to e-coffee's site:
    http://www.ecoffee.com.tw/english/about.htm

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  7. CFT

CFT Valued Member

Price of coffee will have to go up. Start buying shares in coffee companies, coffee bar chains, etc!

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Lol! Always the rebel hey Slip!

Interesting to see though, people can only resist the delights of coffee for so long!

Perhaps I ought to start a coffee thread. :D

9. nready

nready Verifying DMI pool....

Oh yea, way ahead of you there.

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Mmmmm got some Huang Ti's Choice training tea.

It is said that Huang ti (the Yellow Emperor) first drank this tea and it was the secret to his health, vitality and long life. the tea warms the body to increase the resistance, especially in the winter months.

Really nice and smells nice and warming anyway!

11. adouglasmhor

Drinking Chi Organics' Christmas white tea, lovely.

12. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Oooh any links ?

13. adouglasmhor

14. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Cool,thanks for that! I'm banned from buying anymore at the moment though as the shelves are fit to collapse under the weight of my tea! I did manage to sneak some Iron Buddha teabags into the basket at the weekend though,it's really nice actually.

15. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

16. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

17. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I am really loving Iron Buddha at the moment,really warms me up inside :)

18. slipthejab

Yeah the Iron Buddha can be tasty stuff. It's a good excuse to drink more warm water which can't be a bad thing either. My missus must go through about 10 cups a day of the stuff... all with the same tea bag. :D

19. slipthejab

Yeah that's a basic masala tea. There can be any number of different ingredients depending on who you buy your masala from. My missus just got back last week from India and she was laughing... she brought back a ton of different masalas (cooking masala's)... she said the same woman is still making the same masala's 20 years on.... selling them from the same shop in the same market as when the missus was a wee kid. :)

Sort of comforting that thought in this day and age.

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I may use the same one twice. I got my friends addicted to white tea with goji berries on holiday last week, I started them off with Iron Buddha.They had the cheek to mock "me and my weird tea" at the start of the week but they couldn't get enough of it by the end! :D