chi sao question

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by Jordan, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Jordan

Jordan Valued Member

My styles are okinawan karate and aiki jiu jitsu, But I would like to learn more trapping and wing chun is the specialest of the art. so my question is can someone make a video teaching me how to do chi sao?

The reason I ask is because there are no wing chun schools around my home.
    And none of my ma friends know how to do it.

Thanks in advance,
    Jordan :D

2. Gong_Sau_Rick

Gong_Sau_Rick ultimate WSL nutrider

LOL, no.

Can you learn to swim without water?

You need the stimuli from an actual person, the right stimuli as well and most importantly you need to understand what you are doing exactly and why you are doing it.

Find an WC instructor to teach you, and after say 1-2 months when you do learn how to roll and are rolling with your instructor, suddenly take your arms off his and away to your sides as fast as you can. If your instructors hands immediately and unconsciously spring forth towards your face giving you a bit of a jolt that sends your head back a bit, then he knows what he's doing and you can use these skills in the pressure of combat. Also if he start driving into you in a forward stance (one leg in front of the other, heels inline) that's extra points, he really knows what he's doing then.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  3. forever young

forever young Valued Member

i can!!! Simply paypal 4 easy installments of £500 to wingchun.is.easy2learn@unless.u.r.an.idiot.com ;)

4. Gong_Sau_Rick

Err... yeah actually ignore my previous post. How much would a chi sau instructional video be worth to you? Hmmmm? :D

5. AuHg

AuHg McDojo Happy Meal

mate, why do you want to mess up your style with wing chun.

it wont work.

i know wing chun a lot of trap work, but why bother when you can take out ppls legs. your style is good.

sorry to WSL ppl in advance, which is out of my league. But, one thing i learn from WSL school is to move with your hip ie your legs and jam their space. trapping is only secondary. A story told to me about WSL. His students ask him why do you only use the wing chun straight punch to win, when in wing chun there are dozen of techniques. WSL replied, "yeah, im really ****ed off with those ppl, they lose after throwing punches".

so, as you can see trapping is secondary.

6. Gong_Sau_Rick

Nice post, good points.

Chi sau is not about finding ways to trap, it's about finding ways to hit. If you do go to hit and trap someone out of your own conscious awareness that just a bonus.

7. forever young

forever young Valued Member

Bingo we have a winner :D and as for
    OI death match gong sau please......no nicking my customers and anyway my _ing __un is t3h r341 _ing __un

oh wait, sorry no it isnt, apparently its some guy named Eric who has it....******* !!